Clash Of Titans

Izumi's P.O.V.

I sighed heavily, staring dejectedly at the pile of bodies before me.

The premature sand tsunami had really messed up the plans.

As a result, my closest competitor was one of the inexperienced, young members of the yōsei satsugai-sha.

Sadao Sōsa, the manipulator.

He was easily defeated, simply because his powers were largely for recon and intelligence, and for torture...

But as I fought him, I came to the bitter realisation that these kids were being heavily manipulated themselves.

Born into a tradition they don't really understand, forced to stick to it for lack of knowledge of any other way to live.

It was clear he'd never really seen any real action, his fighting like that of the greenhorn genin of Kohona.

They talked a big game but these kids were lost, controlled by the ambitions of the bitter, old Ryuu.
I just couldn't let them stray into darkness further than they already had.

Sadao Sōsa and Kano Ketsueki could still be saved...

I suppressed a small smile as I watched the three of them sleeping peacefully.

Kano snored like a pig, sprawled and relaxed, just like a child.

Sadao curled into a ball, smiling peacefully in his sleep.

And eyebrows had a huge grin and a blush on his cheeks as he giggled in his dreams.

I had healed all three as best as I could with my minimal healing knowledge, my strange eyes making my healing energy glow gold instead of green.

Don't worry, I took precautions with the enemy ninja.

The were securely shackled with chakra suppressing handcuffs.

As soon as we separated I made sure to use the radio to check on all my squad members.

Lee had faced Kano.

Gaara was facing the twins last time I checked...

Aki and Hana were unresponsive...

And Kiba and Byakko were on the run from Ryuu...

Now that I had securely hid the other three, it was time for me to aid the severely outgunned Kiba and Byakko.

It was time to subdue the 'biggest threat'...

Oh how wrong I was...

Ryuu's P.O.V.

I laughed loudly, the sound echoing around the gorge.

"You can't hide forever, brats!" I boomed.

These two kids have been scurrying around hiding ever since I washed up with them in the sand tsunami and it was beginning to get annoying.

I saw through their pitiful plan before it had even begun, I could have easily stopped the red-head's sand tsunami, but I thought that letting it play out would prove entertaining.

The one I truly wanted to face...
Was the golden eyed jônin:
Izumi, the molten soldier...

My sword hummed excitedly at the thought, anticipating an entertaining fight.

"Soon, my obsidian beauty," I purred, patting the impatient weapon with affection.

My body flowed with energy, the darkness and the glow of the moon fuelling my powers.