Terrible Secrets

Aki's P.O.V.

The forest floor was dappled with patches of early morning sun as my eyes slowly opened.

My body felt warm and the thudding of a heartbeat soon became apparent.

When my eyes opened fully, I realised I was nestled within heaps of fur as Byakko had wrapped his large fox body around my small, lithe frame.

His tail was coiled securely around me and I was tangled within his narrow limbs as my head lay against his chest.

I untangled myself and crawled onto the fresh, dewy grass, yawning and stretching my aching bones.

I froze as I realised that I slept soundly for the first time since we started this mission. The heavy fatigue that slowed my cognitive function was somewhat lighter and my head felt clearer.

'It seems I had another night terror, but for some reason I didn't scare myself awake like usually... And it was really vivid too...
Perhaps I felt safe with Byakko so close by...'

I absentmindedly traced the imaginary markings around my neck.
'This one was the realist one yet...'

The rest of the camp were hurriedly packing their things, clearing up with unnecessary haste and gloomy expressions.
Byakko was still sound asleep, exhausted for some reason.

I placed my hands behind my head and breathed in the perfume of the forest.
The damp, moist air and the floral scents relaxed my rigid muscles.

"What's the hurry?" I said through another yawn,
"Why don't we enjoy a dip in a lagoon, I saw one nearby..."

The team froze their frantic packing, looking at me in shock and some with sceptical eyebrow raises.

I raised a sceptical eyebrow of my own,
"Okay, jeez, no lagoon dip then..."
I grumbled.

I itched my neck, watching them run around like headless chickens.
'Argh, my throat feels all scratchy...'

"Ugh, who died? You're all acting so gloomy..." I uttered, eyes still half-lidded in my drowsiness.

"You expect us be happy after what happened?" Gaara grunted with a scowl, still packing rapidly.

I tilted my head,
"Something happened?"

Suddenly, everyone's movements slowed to a stop, faces slack with confusion.
They all shared knowing glances with wide eyes.

Lee's mouth formed a perfect 'o' in revelation,
"D-do you think he doesn't---"

"SHH!" Izumi-San hissed.

"'Doesn't' what?" I said suspiciously.

Lee laughed awkwardly and scratched the back of his head,
'No answer there then...'

Izumi-San facepalmed with a sigh then glanced in my direction warily.

"He was saying that... Uh... That you might not remember...
...
...
Baa-chan's terrible secret!!" She yelled whilst pointing at Kiba, who had frozen up like a deer caught in headlights.

Kiba blanched,
"U-uh... YES!
My secret!!
That um... That...
...
THAT I KNOW LEE'S TERRIBLE SECRET!!"

Lee anime fell, making choking sounds.