Monster

Sakura's P.O.V.

I couldn't move a muscle.
I couldn't even think beyond my own fear.

I had dared to hope when Naruto appeared, that maybe we could escape this with our lives,
but his now bloody and unconscious state just affirmed my certain death.

Even when Sasuke had a burst of courage and jumped into action, fighting valiantly and skilfully, he too failed to the might of this...
This 'woman'...
No, it was not human...

I didn't even know what it was after it survived a direct fire attack to the face, leaving behind a melting and grotesque mask.

Just looking into its eyes showed me such vivid illusions of my own death that I was beginning to think I already was.
Dead.
What is dead?
Ceasing to exist or being in the presence of this monster.

My body was not responding to my commands,
Isn't that what it's like to be dead? Unmoving? Unable to breath? Unable to think?

It's mask had peeled to reveal a fraction of its real face, pale sickly skin and a narrow snake eye.

The way it's disfigured deep red lips rose at the dripping corners in a look of insane pleasure made me want to empty my already hollowed stomach all over again.

I tried to cling to any hope I had left,
'Where is Aki! Why isn't he here to protect us?!! Why...'
The tears poured and poured.

It lifted its hand to cover the symbol of its head protector.
"It's marvellous fun, having you show me all your tricks!" It purred with its sadistic tone.

When it lowered its hand, the symbol of the village hidden in sound remained in contrast to the earlier symbol of the village hidden in the grass.

'Just what is this thing?!'

"You really are his brother, aren't you?" It sung towards the also paralysed Sasuke.

"You can see- and conceal- things with those eyes of yours that Itachi himself never dreamed of!"

Sasuke's sharingan eyes widened even more than they already were in shock.
"Just who the heck are you?!" He screamed.

"I'm--- AAAARGH!!"

It clutched the side of its head as its temple smouldered and smoked.

All I could see in the milliseconds before the event was a faint flash of violet light.

But whatever it was, had that thing wailing and glaring into the tree line with a murderous look.

Soon the groans turned into a deep, malicious chuckle, riddled with insanity.

"And who has come to interrupt me once again?" The snake snarled with slight pain lacing every word.

Nothing moved, no one was revealed.

This only made the thing laugh louder and harder.

"I congratulate you!" It screeched manically,
"You had precision timing and accuracy!!
A true hunter knows the only time a predator is off guard is when it's hunting its own prey!!
Bravo!!
But you can't hide forever... And I can tell that attack was your trump card... But it merely gave me a headache!
What will you do know, wannabe predator?"