"No!" I interjected. Her eyes widened and I sighed. "I've been at too many hospitals lately. No more. Please. I'm fine. I don't even feel it. See," I said, waving my arm in a way that I definitely couldn't have done were I able to feel the burns.

Her eyes widened even more, if that was possible. "Are you sure? It could be infected or something. At least let me put some ointment on it," she pleaded.

I nodded. She helped me up and around the glass. Just because I couldn't feel the burns on my arm doesn't mean I couldn't feel the bruises forming on the rest of my body. My side had jammed into the corner of the oven, which I'm sure didn't do anything to help my ribs that had healed. They were broken when the bus exploded.

She sat me in a chair next to Declan's. I smiled at him, which he cutely returned. Elisa came back several moments later with a jar of burn cream and some bandages. She opened the container as she said ,"We haven't been back together week and I've already mauled you. I'm so sorry, Patrick."

"It's fine, babe. It doesn't hurt or anything. I deserve it for not taking you back as soon as I could," I said as she laid my arm on the table and began lathering the cream onto it.

Her cool fingers gently rubbed the healing ointment onto the inflamed areas of my arm, calming the blisters. I, of course, didn't feel her do this, but I watched as her delicate hands took care of me, just like she used to.

When she was finished, she washed her hands of the cream and closed the jar. She wrapped my arm up in white gauze and said ,"You don't deserve any of this, honey. I don't know what fucked up god decided to throw you into all of this. You're just a star in a dark, dark world, Patrick."

She cut off the end of the wrap after it completely covered the wounded area and taped it. I pulled her into my lap and kissed her cheek. "Thank you, Nurse Elisa," I said against her ear.

"Anytime, Mr. Stump," she said as she kissed my lips. I pushed mine against hers and fire ignited. Our hands were in each other's hair and chest was against chest. We made out like that for about five minutes before we realize Declan was watching us. We pulled away and stared into each other's eyes, mocha meeting ocean.

Elisa kissed my nose one last time before getting off my lap. She unbuckled Declan from his chair and carried him out of the room, but not before turning around and winking at me.

I sat there for a moment, staring ahead. I couldn't wipe the smile off my face. I was giddy and it was like being high. I love Elisa so much. She's perfect in every way possible.

I soon stood up and went to our room to change. I put on some black jeans and a t shirt, dressing to go to Pete's and get my stuff.

Elisa walked in as I was struggling to tie my shoes with one hand. She kneeled down in front of me and gently stopped my hand. She tied the laces on the black shoes and looked up at me.

"How did I ever function without you?" I pondered aloud, standing up.

She hugged me around my skinny waist and I hugged her back with my good hand. We pulled away from each other and I walked to our front door. She kissed my lips and I kissed back. "I'll be back soon, baby. I love you," I said, grabbing the keys from a table next to the door.

"I love you, too. See you soon," she said. I kissed her forehead one last time before walking out and closing the door. I got in my car and starting driving to Pete's house.

I'm sure it might've been against the law to drive with only one functioning arm, but oh well. I made it to Pete's without dying, so I'm sure it's fine.

I walked to his door and knocked. A moment later, he opened the door, a baby Saint in his arms. He glanced at my bandaged arm and his eyebrows furrowed. "Hey, 'Trick. What happened to your arm?" he asked, opening the door wider to let me in.

I stepping in and said ,"Fell on a stove. No big deal, didn't even feel it," I answered casually.

I walked to his guest bedroom and grabbed my bag from the floor. Pete followed me in saying ,"Dude, you got a burn fetish or something? You gotta stop burning that arm."

I grabbed my clothes strewn about the room and threw them in the bag. "No fetish, just clumsy,"

I responded.

He snorted. Just then, Meagan walked in, holding a bottle of milk for Saint. Meagan handed the bottle to Pete, who walked out of the room as he started feeding the baby.

"Hey, Patrick. How's Elisa? The gossip is you two are back together," Meagan said, walking to the bed and sitting on the end.

I chuckled. "She's great. It was just something we had to get through, you know?" I responded.

She nodded understandingly.

"And, yeah, we're back together. I finally realized I'm an idiot for not taking that beautiful woman back right away," I said, walking to the closet to grab my clothes.

She giggled as I tried to reach a fedora that was on the top shelf in the closet. She stood up and grabbed the hat off the shelf with ease. I jokingly scowled and took the hat from her hands, throwing it to my bag. "Thanks," I said.

She giggled again. "No problem, short guy," she said.

I dramatically scoffed, but then relaxed and laughed. I zipped my bag up and turned to her.

"Thanks for being so awesome with all this, Meagan. I know I kind of busted in on your and Pete's life, and I'm sorry. But you haven't said a thing or even seemed annoyed. And thanks for watching Declan when Lis was in the hospital. That was really cool of you," I said.

She smiled and hugged me, her slender arms wrapping around my neck. "It's not a problem, Patrick. You know Saint and I love Dec, and you living here? It was the least we could do considering..." she trailed off. Considering my life was shit at the time.

She pulled away and grabbed my shoulder. "Besides, you're a pretty rad dude. I loved having you here. Feel free to come back any time," she finished.

I grinned and nodded. She followed me out of the room and to the living room, where Pete was quietly feeding Saint and humming.

I tapped Pete's shoulder and he turned around. I started to say something, but he put his finger to his lips and shushed me. I understood, Saint was falling asleep.

I mouthed "thank you" before turning to head out the door. Meagan gave me one last hug before bidding me good bye.