Chapter 18

Patrick P.O.V.

I'm finally leaving this white hellhole.

I was practically bouncing off the walls, I was so excited. The doctors had taken the miscellaneous needles and tubes out if me and I was waiting for Pete to sign my discharge papers, since I would be living with him for a while.

He decided that was a good idea since I was still healing and Elisa wasn't living at the house anymore, so I would be living alone.

I was sitting on the edge of the bed I had been laying in for two months with a backpack slung over my shoulder.

The door opened and Pete poked his head in. "You ready to go?"

I nodded vigorously and he chuckled. I stood up and followed Pete out the door. We walked through the hallways and met the others in the waiting room. I grinned at them and said ,"Thanks for staying with me here, guys. I know it was boring, but you stuck around for two months. I really appreciate it."

I got a chorus of "no problem" and "you would do the same".

"Can we go home, now?" I asked.

They all laughed and nodded. I stepped outside stood in the sunshine. This is the first time I had stepped outside since my little outing, and I don't even remember that.

It took three taxi's to get all of us to the airport. A couple fans recognized is and asked for pictures.

We got on the plane and I was seated next to Andy. Once we were in the air, I pulled out my phone and opened Twitter.

I saw the pictures that I just took with the fans. Damn, photos spread fast.

I looked at the replies for the pictures and was a little surprised by what I saw.

"patrick looks like he lost a lot of weight. i hope he's okay"

"omg he's so skinny"

"i can see his collarbone. he needs to gain some weight."

Oh.

I didn't mean to lose a bunch of weight. In the beginning, I didn't eat because it just came back up. Then Elisa left and I didn't want to eat. I was too depressed to do anything other than write.

I didn't even notice how skinny I was. When I get home, the first thing I'm going to do is look in a mirror.

"Hey, Andy," I said, nudging his shoulder.

"Mmhmm," he mumbled, looking at his phone.

"Have I lost weight?" I asked, showing him my phone.

He glanced at the screen and then looked at me. "Yeah, you're a lot skinnier than you were. And you were small to begin with. We definitely need to get a burrito in you asap," he said, chuckling.

I giggled. "Okay, thanks for looking out for me."

He put his arm around my shoulder. "It's my job, 'Trick."

I smiled and hugged him back.

We landed a couple hours later. The others went home, but I took a cab to my house. I needed to pick up a couple things.

When the taxi pulled into my driveway, I saw something I didn't want to see.

Elisa's car was parked in the driveway.

I sighed and payed the driver. Stepping out of the car, I walked to the door and considered if I should knock or not.

Screw that, I payed the mortgage.

I used the key and stepped in, breathing in the familiar scent. I walked into the living room and saw Declan inside of his play pin.

I almost collapsed. I ran up and pulled him up into my arms.

He laughed. "Da...da."

Oh my god. I hadn't heard him talk before.

I missed him.

"Oh, Deccy, I've missed you so much," I whispered, pulling him close.

I can't believe there's a chance I would never see him again.

"Patrick?"