Chapter 22

Patrick P.O.V.

I followed Pete upstairs and to the kitchen. "What do you want for breakfast? Anything you want at Casa de Wentz," he said, grinning.

I giggled. "Cereal. Do you have Lucky Charms?"

"You are a child," he said, pulling Lucky Charms from the cabinet. I got milk from the fridge while he got two bowls and spoons. He poured the cereal and milk and pushed one of the bowls towards me.

"How's the arm, man? Any better?" he said, shoving the spoon in his mouth.

I shrugged. "Well, it doesn't hurt anymore. Just sorta...tingles. I still can't move it," I said, frowning.

I brought the spoon to my mouth as he said, "That's what the physical therapist is for. She'll get you better."

"Hopefully. Even if I do, I'll pretty much have to relearn everything I know on guitar. I lost the callous's on my fingers and the doctor said something about muscle memory. I don't know," I said, keeping my eyes on the bowl in front of me.

Pete reached across the table and grabbed my hand. "That's okay, dude. Well get you back, good as new. I promise."

I faked a smile and nodded. "What time do we have to be there today?" I asked, changing the subject.

He let go of my hand and started eating again. "An hour and a half. Plenty of time."

I stood up. "Ok, I'm going to go shower," I said, pushing the chair in.

He looked at me quizzically. "You've barely eaten like half your cereal. You should eat more, 'Trick. You're still too skinny."

I looked at my bowl and saw that what he said was true. That was weird, I felt full. I shrugged. "I'm full. I don't know why."

He pointed his spoon at me. "We're going to have a doctor look at that. We'll ask Dr. Irwin today," he said.

I sighed and went to the shower. I avoided my reflection and soon was dressed and ready to go. I played with Bronx with Meagan while Pete was getting ready.

Soon he was ready as well and we drove to the clinic. We stepped out and Pete must have noticed that I was nervous. He patted my back and said, "Everything will be okay, Patrick."

I nodded and stepped into the double doors, Pete behind me. The receptionists told me to sign in and that Dr. Irwin would be with me shortly.

Pete and I sat down. He picked up some magazines and flipped through them. I pulled out my phone and scrolled through Twitter, answering a few of the fans' questions.

"Patrick Stump."

A looked up and saw a kind looking nurse with a clip board. Pete nodded encouragingly at me and I stood up and walked to the nurse. I followed her through a couple corridors and finally we were at a door.

She opened the door and I stepped in. "Sit down and I'm just going to do a couple routine things," she said with a smile.

I liked her, she was kind.

She took my blood pressure and took my temperature. Measured my height.

Then came my weight. I tried to turn away from the number, but accidentally glanced at it.

I was 45 pounds lighter than the last time I checked.

Woah.

The nurse glanced at me, but didn't say anything.

Soon the tests were finished and she said, "Dr. Irwin will be here in just a few minutes, sweetie."

I nodded and she left the room.