Chapter 13

*unlucky chapter 13*

Patrick P.O.V.

I slowly opened my eyes. I felt like I had slept for a week.

I slowly looked around the room. Everyone was staring at me. But different than before.

Before, they looked at me with care and sympathy.

Now all I saw in their eyes was pity.

I sat up, my head spinning. Joe helped me.

Why do they keep looking at me? I couldn't take it anymore.

"Why are you guys staring at me? You making me nervous," I said with a worried chuckle.

Brendon took an envelope out of his pocket and handed it to me. I glanced up at him, knowing this couldn't be good.

On the front of the envelope, Patrick was written in a neat script. I knew this handwriting, it was Elisa's.

What would Elisa write down that she couldn't tell me to my face?

I shakily opened the envelope. Inside was a piece of paper. And there was something heavier in there.

I turned it upside down and out fell... Elisa's wedding band.

No.

This can't be happening.

I covered my mouth with my hand. Silent tears fell from my eyes.

I unfolded the letter.

Patrick,

I'm leaving you. I'm sorry, but I can't deal with this sickness anymore. I'm tired of the constant worry that I'll get a call saying you died.

I've decided that if I leave you, I won't have to worry anymore.

I'm taking Declan with me. I don't want his first memories of his father to be of you dying in a hospital bed. It's for the best.

Maybe, and that's a huge maybe, if you recover, I'll let you see him again. He is your son after all.

I'm sorry, Patrick. I will never forget you.

Elisa

******

Pete P.OV.

I watched silently as Patrick's life fell apart.

When he finished reading the letter, he looked up at me.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone look so broken.

He cleared his throat. "Could you guys le-ave?" He said, his voice cracking at the end.

I stood up, "No, Patrick, I do-"

"Pete! Please. I just want to be alone," he cut me off.

I remember after Ashlee left me, I just wanted to be alone. I get where he's coming from.

"Okay, Patrick. We'll be back in 20, yeah?" I said.

Patrick nodded. I stepped outside, Joe, Andy, Brendon, Sarah, Marie, and Meagan following me. We walked to the waiting room and sat down.

20 minutes later, I jumped out and almost ran back to Patrick's room. I knocked and flung the door open.

But then I saw.

Patrick wasn't in his bed. I checked the bathroom, he wasn't there either.

Patrick was gone.

*a/n
hello frens! i generally don't do a/n but there's two things i wanna say.

1) i have a deep love for elisa and know she would never do this. this situation is all for the sake of the story.

2) this is all taking place save rock and roll era (2013/2014). it's going to make sense for certain songs that will be mentioned.

ok, that's it. thanks for reading and voting! ily <3

-emily*