Chapter 27

Patrick P.O.V.

Her eyelids flickered. Her finger twitched in my hand. I squeezed her hand tight. 

She slowly opened her eyes, chocolate brown orbs staring into my ocean blue ones. She looked around, confused, like she was trying to remember what happened. 

Realization set in and she looked at me. Sadness dragged the corners of her mouth downwards and her eyes were glassy with crystal tears. 

We stared at each other for a moment. Then I decided to break the silence. 

"Hey, baby", I whispered softly. "How are you feeling?"

She opened her mouth a few times before answering. "Why... Why are you here?"

I dropped her hand. What does she mean why am I here? 

"I... I love you, baby. I realized, I can't lose you. Without you, I'm just a body without a skeleton. I need you," I said, my voice dripping sadness. 

She looked... surprised. 

"I can't believe it. You really want me? After all I did to you?" she said with a tinge of hope. 

I didn't think before the words poured from my mouth. "Elisa, I don't know if I can ever forget what you did. But love is... love is forgiving. Sure, I don't think I've ever been that hurt before. The pain I felt, I think I'd rather go into that fire again than feel what I felt when I read that note. But the reason I felt that pain was because I can't live without you. You're the antidote to my poison. You and Dec are probably the best things that have ever happen to me. A life without you is a life without love, hope, happiness. I love you, and I'm never ever going to let you go again."

She was silent, staring at me with teary eyes. I leaned forward and pressed my lips to her forehead, sealing the promise I just made. 

"I love you, Patrick. I'm so, so sorry. Can we start over?" Elisa asked, keeping her lips close to my neck. 

I nodded into her neck. She wrapped her arms around me and I did the same. We stayed like that for I don't know how long. All I know is that I had my wife and son back. All was at peace. 

Soon enough, we pulled away from each other, but never unlocked hands. 

"Wait, there's something I have to do," I said, bringing my hand to my jacket pocket. 

She looked at me, confused and scared. I took her ring from my pocket and got down on one knee. 

"Elisa, will you-"

"Yes," she said, her smile looking like it was too big for her face.

I chuckled. "Let me finish, babe. Gosh."

"Elisa, will you be my wife again?" I asked, holding the ring out to her. 

She giggled, the most angelic sound ever, and nodded. I slipped the ring onto the finger next to her pinkie on her left hand. I put my hands on her cheeks and kissed her. She kissed me back, her hands finding their way to the back of my hair. 

We kissed passionately for a minute, I could feel the love, the care radiating off of her. 

We eventually had to pull away for air, but my hand never left hers. We were back together, the world could spin again. 

Frankly, at that moment, I didn't care that my hand didn't work. I didn't care about my health or the fact that I was grossly underweight. All that mattered was that I had my wife back. We could be a family again with Declan and all our future children. 

I was happy, for the first time since the fire. My life was finally looking up and I finally had hope that things were going to get better. 

So this is what happiness feels like. I had almost forgotten. 

//

i ship elisa and patrick so much ahh they're so perfect for each other <3