Chapter 1

Patrick P.O.V.

"Saturdayyyy!" I belted the last note to our encore. Man, the crowd was amazing tonight. They're singing every word along with me. That's one of the best feelings in the world.

"Thank you, guys! You were fucking awesome! Good night!" Pete said into his mic.

I waved at the crowd one more time, then walked off stage. I put my guitar in its case and turned around to see Joe standing behind me, startling me. I jumped and he laughed.

"Fuck you, Trohman," I giggled, throwing my fedora at him.

He threw the hat back. "I don't want your sweaty hat, Stump," he laughed back.

I laughed again and started walking to the bus. I passed some fans on the way and took a few pictures and sighed a couple autographs. I still don't understand why they want my signature. I'm just like them. I've just accepted it now.

I opened the door to the bus and stepped in. Andy was already on the couch, watching some 80's horror flick.

"Hey, Patrick. Man, that was a great show, wasn't it?" Andy said when he saw me.

"Oh my god, that crowd was so amazing. I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight. I still feel that high you get," I replied.

"Same, 'Trick," Andy said.

We weren't staying in a hotel tonight. The bus was taking us to the next city tonight. That meant I had to shower on the bus. Damn I hate showering on the bus, but what can you do?

As I was in the shower, I started thinking about how lucky I was. There are thousands of bands that tried but never made it. But, somehow, here I am. I'm in an award-winning band with my best friends in the world with millions of fans who love us.

Holy shit, I don't deserve all this. But I'm so grateful.

I stepped out of the shower and dried off. I slipped into my Bowie shirt and some pajama pants.

I walked out of the small bus bathroom and saw Pete on the couch next to Andy. Andy saw me and quickly said ,"Dibs on the shower next!"

He shot up and ran to the bathroom. Pete and I laughed and I slumped next to him. We sat there for a while while Andy was in the shower. Pete's eyes started to droop and I nudged him.

"Hey, Pete. Don't fall asleep, you're still sweaty and disgusting from the show," I said, nudging him off me.

"Hmm..." Pete mumbled in response.

I chuckled. "Fine, Pete. But you're going to regret not showering tomorrow. You know how hard it is to shower on a moving bus."

Andy was out of the shower and sleeping at this point. Pete grumbled and shuffled to the bathroom, closing the door behind him.

Just then, Joe stumbled into the bus. He started to say something but I cut him off. "Shh, Andy's already asleep."

He nodded and collapsed onto the couch, exhausted. I yawned. "Well, Joe, I'm tired. See you tomorrow," I said.

"Alright, 'Trick. Night," Joe said.

I walked to our bunks and slumped into mine. As I was drifting off to sleep, I felt the bus lurch forward. My last though as I drifted to sleep was, I'm a happy little man.