Chapter Seventeen

(20 comments and I'll have a second update tomorrow??)

Avalanna's P.O.V

I squeal happily and lightly bounce up and down by Jason's side as we wait in line for our wristbands to get into the soon. He chuckled quietly and pulled me closer to him. "Okay okay, I don't recall bringing two four year olds on this trip." I frown at his words, not knowing if I should be upset or not. After what he said to me that day, I didn't really know anymore. He stops smiling once he looks back at me and shook his head slightly. "Hey, you know I'm just kidding babe, I love you and don't want you to ever change." He whispered and place a kiss to my cheek. I smile up and him and he smiled back at me before looking down at jazzy who was holding his other hand. He swoops her up and into his arms which made her giggle and for him to smile and place a kiss to her cheek as well. "You ready for the best day ever princess Jazzy?" He asks her. She smiled and nodded happily, making us both laugh at how cute she was. After the line finally started moving, we were up front. Jason bought the wristbands and then lead us to the side of the big gate and put the pink child's one on Jazzy's wrist and then the green one on me. He gave me the other green one and I began to try to put it on him. Key word though: try. I stuck my tongue out the side of my mouth in concentration as I tried to do it correctly but only started to grow more frustrated with myself. I groaned and let it hang lose at his wrist. "I c-can't do i-it." I whine. "Hey," he lifts my chin up with his fore finger and thumb so that I'm looking into his beautiful hazel eyes.  "I never want to hear you say that you can't do anything. Don't give up so easily, try again kitten, I know you can do it." He kisses my nose gently and I smile and he returns the smile and nods down to his wrist. "You think she can do it Jazzy?" He asks as he looks down at Jazzy who was holding his other hand. She smiled up at us and nods. "Uh-huh!" He chuckled and looked back at me. "See? You got two people who believe in you. Go ahead." He lifts his wrist just a little higher. I bite my lip and grab both ends. "t-tell me what to do p-please." I mutter as I focus on the plastic wristband. "Okay, put the black little plastic piece into the third hole." I focus slowly on doing as he said. I sighed but continue to try. I finally got it in and smile to myself. "Good job baby! Now bend the long piece over and then connect the top." He explained the last and most complicated part slowly. After what felt like forever, I finally got it done and smiled up at him. "Yay!" Jazzy jumped up and down and clapped her hands together. I giggle at her and Jason chuckled and pulled me into a hug. "I knew you could do it baby doll." He kisses my now blushed cheek. I whine and hide my face into his chest and feel it vibrate as he laughed again. "Okay let's get this fun day started!" He swooped jazzy into his arms and grabbed my hand and lead us to the first exhibit....

"Shh, it's okay Jazzy go back to sleep, I'm gonna go talk to sissy before I bring you inside." Jason leaned back and brushed the small hairs from her forehead. Jazzy stirred tiredly and laid back against her car seat, closing her eyes. "Alright, I'll be right back baby." He says to me before getting out the car and going to the house, leaving me and jazzy alone...

Jason's P.O.V

I knock on the door and rock back and forth on my heels as I wait for Rachel to come answer the door. After about a minute, she opens the door so now we were face to face with each other. "Where's Jazzy?" She asks me and looks around as if she were hiding from her. I rolled my eyes. "Calm down Rachael she's my sister too." I said. "Listen I just wanted to say that- what's that smell?" I asked her. She looked nervous. "What smell?" She tried to play dumb. I lean in close to her and take in a whiff. "Have you been smoking?!" I squint my eyes at her. She just groaned and narrowed her eyes at me. "Yeah, so? Jason you can't say anything because you smoke all the time!" She raised her voice a little. "It's different Rachael!" I raise my voice at her as well. "How Jason? How is it different?!" She spat at me. "Because I'm not the one with a goddamn kid! Jazzy is your responsibility Rachel! She's under your custody!-" she cut me off. "And what Jason? Huh? You only see her every other week! Why don't you get your own kid, then you can come tell me how to raise mine!" She said to my face. I froze. I stared at her for what felt like forever. "You know I can't bring a kid into my life right now, especially with Avalanna's condition." I tell her quietly. She scoffed, "Oh please Jason, stop blaming everyone but yourself! You are so pathetic! The only reason you can't have a kid is because you would make a horrible father!" She spat at me. I felt like a part of me broke at her words. I nod slowly at her, I could feel the tears start to build up but I didn't let them fall, I don't know why but just her saying that to me made me feel like I was worthless.  "You know what Rachel? At least I'm not the one who let some pussy ass bitch put his hands on me and the child I was looking after. I looked out for you Rachel, and you come and say some shit like that to my face? You know what? Forget it. Jazzy is spending the night with me for a couple of nights, I'll fucking show you how much of a 'terrible father' I am." I spat at her and turned around and started walking back to the car. I was so livid, so fucking pissed off. How could she say that to me? She was supposed to build me up, she was my sister for Christ's sake! I lean against my car for a while and pulled out the pack of cigarettes in my pocket. I picked one out and right before I stuck it in my mouth, I stared at it. I sighed and placed it back in the box and put the box back in my pocket. I hear a door open and foot steps making their way towards me. "Get back in the car Avalanna." I say sternly without looking up. I hear her whimper and all of a sudden her body was crashed into my side. I huff in surprise and because she practically knocked the wind out of me. Once I regained my breath I wrapped my arms around her as well and bent down to kiss the top of her head. "I love you." I whispered. "L-love you to." She mutters into my chest. "Can I tell you a secret?" I whisper to her half playfully, half truthfully. She looks up at me with her big, innocent brown eyes. "W-what?" She asks innocently. I grab her face in both my hands and stare into her absolutely amazing eyes for a while before placing a gentle kiss to her soft lips. I pulled away and smiled lightly at her. I brushed the small stray hairs that were blowing in her face because of the light wind that was blowing.

"I want to have a baby... With you."