18

" Tony , I don't like coffee! " I was so frustrated right now . I sat in Starbucks with a sleeping Tj next to Tony and his friend.

He offered me a sip of his Carmel frappe latte , whatever the hell you want to call it for the 100th time , and we've only been sitting here for 5 minutes.

I ended up calling in after I figured he needed an explanation soon and I could pick up another shift soon to make up for it .

" you missing out. " he shrugged as he took another gulp . " Cartell go sit at the other table with Jr. While I talk to Akayla. "

His friend , Cartell , looked up from his phone and rolled his eyes but still doing as told .

" He's sleep , if he wakes up give him his Binky. " I instructed.

" I know how to take care of children ma'am, I watched daddy daycare , I'm a professional. " he replied in country accent.

He's too goofy .

" Shut up , and go ! " Tony snapped .

He was not this mean to my recollection , what's gotten into his panties .

" So why ? " he turned to me .

" why what ? " he knocked me out of my thoughts.

" Why did you leave Akayla ? " he rolled his eyes at my slowness. " I mean I know you was pregnant and shit but you knew what it was with me I would've did everything I had to just to take care of my seed . " he was definitely more calm than the first time I seen him .

I sighed.

" my mom , you know how she was ... is ." I crossed my legs and pulled my Northface tighter around me to block out the cold .

" but still , you didn't think to call me ? Just ran off to new York. " he had RBF ( Resting Bitch Face ) . Wich made it hard to make jokes , he always looked mean.

" she took my phone and put me on a plane to Houston. I stayed with my Grandpa-pa , but he .. he kicked the bucket a few months ago and I moved here. " I ended my sentence sadly thinking how my Grandpa-pa would feel about my job.

" aww , I'm sorry to hear that but still, I have a WHOLE child Akayla , I've been mad as hell these years , it's been fuck love and life. You was the only person I really knew , I've never had a stable family , you were my family, and for you to leave just like everybody else in my life hurt like hell and I can't see how you loved me and promised me you'd never be like them but end up doing me worse than them cause you took my son , I told you I didn't want to be like my parents and you made me like them. " he grew angrier by second and made me feel even worse .

" I'm sorry . " I squeaked .

"sorry my ass ! You could have fucking found away to contact me after 3 years . Now I have a son that don't know who the fuck I am ! " I hated to see him so mad .

" I .. I ..I. .. I don't know! He knows who you are , I show him pictures when I teach him about family. "

" and the little nigga can't talk , he still on a pacifier , all shit that wouldn't be happening if I was there. " he ignored me .

" Hold the hell up ! Tony a phone works both ways , just like I could've found you , you could've found me ! Don't say shit about my parenting cause I proudly did that shit myself , gave up my life for my child , I couldn't go to college with a child ! Don't ever insult me like that ! I pushed him out my fuckin' cat , do you know how much that shit hurts !? "

" don't pull that ! I looked for you for a whole year ! And you were a volunteered single mother , you knew I would've tooken care of my child !"

" how ? Selling drugs ? " I calmed down bringing out my petty side . " maybe I didn't want my son to have to worry about his life because of who his daddy was ."

I took his nasty ass coffee and took a sip for emphasis.

" low blow , huh ? " he did that crazy person laugh before snatching his coffee back and standing up trying to grab my child.

Tony .........WYD ? ??? ......

Now it's my turn to laugh .

" Tony I love you , I do , but take my child you will never see the light of day again ."

I sat calmly .

" I haven't seen my son in three years and you won't even let me spend a day with him ? "

" nigga, sit that boy down, ask me before you take my son . "

" our son . " he corrected .

" whatever nigga , supervised visits only , I don't trust you now . "

" I'm gone do what ever the fuck I want with MY child. "

" Stop arguing in front of him , yall letting yall feelings and hurt for each other affect him, he got a mama AND a daddy , act like it , yall acting like yall still teenagers . Just chill . " his friend intruded.

" Nigga you chill ! You know about your child. You been there since day one, I didn't even know I created something! " he replied .

" look , he's right , I didn't come to argue , I didn't come to fight , I just came to let you know where I've been these last year's , I gave birth to a beautiful baby Boy , named him after his father and that's all it is to it , I don't really trust you , you made me uneasy with how you just grabbed him , but I would never deprive you of being a father now that you know , you can visit anytime. You have my number. " I agreed with his friend as TJ woke up realizing where he was .

He swung his head around in search of me and when he found me he stretched his arms out .
I took him back .

" I'm trying to spend time with him right now. " Tony shrugged.

" why are you in new York ? " I realized how tan he was compared to the strangers in the background .

" don't worry ,where's the local park ? "

" A park is to dangerous ."

" girl , then he coming to my hotel and you not allowed there . " he shrugged

I rolled my eyes ,

" I'm going to run to the store for some pull ups , that should give you enough time , if he cries call me , " I gave in .

He slightly smiled before going back to his mean ass glare.

" Bet , here " he reached into his pocket pulling out a roll of money, he pulled a hundred out and held it out to me .

I shook my head " Nah "

He stuffed it in my front pocket anyway and grabbed my baby bag .

I rolled my eyes and sat back down .

" give me the Child . " I licked my cheek giving up my baby .

I watched warily as they left .

I know I hurt Tony bad ,I was really his only family , his dad never existed and his mama left him in an abandoned house when he was 7 so he's been in the system most of his life. Never had a stable home. All he knows is his name , he doesn't know what he's mixed with or nothing, he did know that he loved me though.

He trusted me and I lost it , my first love hates me .