Second(s)

In most cases, caring for skeleton flower plants is low maintenance. But one should always beware of toxins.

02.10.2016

Jimin's P.O.V

Days have gone by like usually; small accidents in between deceiving and loving, between hallucinations and reality.

We were still alright, I thought.

The boy in front of me shook his head as I started laughing, almost in disbelief about my answer to his statement that was, indeed, impossible and almost ridiculous.

"So, you're saying that Seoya is lying to me?" I exclaimed with a sarcastic laugh accompanying my words, leaning in closer to him. "Do you hear what you're saying?"

"Of course I do, Jimin. I'm just trying to help you here, why don't you just-"

"No Namjoon, why don't you just shut up?" I asked, arising from my previous position on the chair, now towering above him. "Just because you're my friend you can't spread lies about my girlfriend."

Mimicking my actions, Namjoon quickly stood up from the seat before putting his hands on my shoulders with a serious, facial expression; no smile twitching at the corners of his lips like usually, not even his eyes were giving any kind of amusement.
"Listen, do you really think I would do that?"

"Do you really think Seoya would be lying to me just because you saw her with some dude in that café once? What's the big deal?"

Seoya was an independent girl; apart from the few times that she needed me in complicated and restricted situations she would always be able to care for herself. It was one of those things that made me love her even more; she was reliable, deliberate and even selfless. Well, besides those few times that she seemed to loose control.

Seoya has never been clingy, we both weren't the people that ranked among romantic lovers; simply because we decided that this wasn't us. Our love was easy, we both were low maintenance, somehow.

But maybe she tried to attain that perfected maintenance somewhere else?

Namjoon's lips parted as he wanted to answer me once again, his eyes squinted weirdly as if he still couldn't believe what was coming out of my mouth these last few minutes. But on the other side; I couldn't comprehend the meaning behind his words either. Yet before any word could leave his lips, the door to my left was swung open.

Jungkook stumbled inside the room, soon followed by Jin; both of them completely out of breath and panting heavily, holding onto the doorframe frantically.

"That-" Jungkook started, but he was cut off by the amount of oxygen that his body required and took in eventually. "That book club meeting, it's right now, isn't it?"

In utter irritation I nodded my head slowly, stepping closer to the two boys who were still standing under the door frame of Namjoon's bedroom. From behind them I could see Hoseok coming up the stairs, his face written with worry all over.

"Guess who's not there." Jin whispered, almost as if he couldn't believe it himself.

***

Seoya's P.O.V

"Thank you a lot, Kihyun." I smiled at the boy next to me; an honest and truthful smile that was yet only given to one person besides Kihyun.