Just Once

The magic of the translucent blooms is a fascinating bit of skeleton flower info

11/09/2016

Seoya's P.O.V

The beautiful scent of flowers lingered in the air, our bodies spread out on the light green grass, still a little cold due to the fog from this morning.

Our heads were lying next to each other, though our bodies weren't. Only his head was placed in the crook of my neck, mine hidden in his; they fitted together so perfectly.

Our faces were only inches apart, our breaths to be felt on top of each other's skin.

"I am sorry." I suddenly blurted out regarding my outburst a few days ago, after a long, pleasant silence that we shared under the sun.

I knew, it could not happen again. It wasn't allowed to. I couldn't be as careless again.

I felt him smile against my skin as he placed a sweet kiss on top of my cheek. "It's okay, don't worry."

It was something he always said after I apologized once again; something that I heard from his lips too often. At times, it could almost be annoying because I knew that it was never okay.

I was never okay.

And so wasn't he.

"Why are you willing to cope with such a mess like me?" I asked with a small laugh lacing through my few words. "You are suffering so often, it hurts to see."

Jimin entangled himself from our position, his upper body turning to face me from his sitting position. I was still lying in the grass, his head now above mine, a frown visible on his forehead.

"Don't say such things, stupid." He demanded, before he smiled faintly. "I love you, I love you as a mess and I love you when you loose control. It's unconditional."

Unconsciously, tears made their way into my eyes.

"No, I hate you."

The smile that was previously spread in between my features, faded within an instant, my eyebrows knitted in confusion. Jimin's eyes didn't falter in their gaze, still fixated on me as my facial expression entirely dropped.

"Did something happen?" He asked as I abruptly sat up, shaking my head in confusion. He caressed my shoulder lovingly, his eyes showing concern and worry.

"No." I simpered, my eyes drawn to his hand on my shoulder that send electrifying feeling into my body, good and negative ones at once.

"You're a mess." He'd whisper. "You were so right."

I suddenly tore back my body from Jimin's touch, his eyes widening at my sudden movements and reaction.

"Stop." I said, standing up from the grass and distancing myself from the boy who was still sitting down. "Stop irritating me, Jimin!"

I felt wetness in my cheeks, though it wasn't raining. But still, it was happening again; just when I swore myself to be careful. But wasn't he the careless one this time?

It was all his fault, wasn't it?

In speed of light, Jimin jumped on his feet and slung his arms around me, taking me into a bone crushing and suffocating embrace; my body not able to move an inch.

I felt so weak yet so strong even though I wasn't.

He seemed to crush me as his grip around me tightened, his chest pressed harder into my body, my arms hanging loosely next to his.