52: Final Happening

Stampy's POV

I was lying in a hospital bed. Finding it hard to breathe.
Oh god.. this is it.. I'm going to die.. I'm going to die... but there's so much I want to do.. I've just got my life back...
I opened my eyes to see the person I cared most about in the whole world:
"Emily." I whispered. I couldn't move, I was in agony, but just for this second.. I could scratch a smile.
Emily's red eyes smudged as she brushed her fingers in my hair.
"I love you Stampylonghead." She whispered.
Something lit up inside of me. She knows?
"We watched your videos, Dad. You and Squids and Sqaisheys, and all your friends." I gulped, letting tears fall from my face.
Beth walked in the room, I looked over to .. To Sqaishey. Mouthing to her the words that I had always wanted to say again, I love you.
She kissed me on the lips, I closed my eyes, missing this so much. My head started to really hurt, but.. After all.. You know..
"Stampy?" It was a voice I slightly recognised. My nurse, but he..
"Noah?" The little boy.. I saw so many years ago, when his mother died and Beth had a back operation. He was thirty years old now, at least.
"You're the biggest inspiration in my life, I want you to know that." He said, looking down at me, he had a stethoscope around his neck,  he was a doctor now... What he said he would be when I first met him 18 years ago when his mother died.. Back where it all began.
I smiled, all the children that watched my videos are now all grown up, they probably have children of their own, would they remember me if they knew that I died?
I looked around for David, I couldn't find him.
"David?" I rolled over.
"Hey.. Stamps.. I'm right here." He put his hand on my shoulder, kneeling down beside me. I stared at his blue eyes that never dulled.
"So.. This is it.." A tear fell down my eye.
"No.. No stamps no."
"Squid." I began, "I've had my time."
"Oh god Stamps don't do this to me." He cried, tears streaming down his face.
"You only happen once. And I've enjoyed my life, I've enjoyed my happening." I told him. Feeling myself go.
"I was wrong, Stamps, I was wrong for sixteen years. This is my fault." David was falling apart,
"All my fault too mate.. " I sighed, leaning back and facing Beth. "look after each other will you?"
"I'll never forget you Stampy. I'll never ever forget you." I held Beth's hands before I simply couldn't anymore
I suddenly felt a shock wave fill throughout my body.  I fell back flat on my back.
This is it.. 

I heard Squids panicked words,

"Joe? Joe! Stampy! Stay with me, please don't leave me! Please.."

"I'll always be with you Squid, I'm Stampylongnose. Your friend."

Then I knew.
Everything was going to be just fine.

The End .

You only happen once. Enjoy this happening x

Sequel: MAC: What Happened? Out now :) go read.