16: Uninvited Guest

Stampys pov

After getting changed I began to work my way through a mountain of letters at the front door, I began to look at the handwritten ones first, as I knew that they wouldn't be bills.

There was one letter that really struck me.

Dear Stampy.
I am writing to you to say thank you. I know that you have went to the war, and that you had a very hard time there. I had a hard time dealing with my mother's death. But knowing that I had the time with you really kept happiness inside of me.
Thanks for the hot chocolate that was nice, and thanks for bringing some happiness into my life.
I'm being adopted by my auntie, hopefully everything will be okay.
Thanks for being in my life,
Noah.

He was that boy in the hospital. That boy I spoke to. He was that boy whose mother died and didn't have anyone to talk to.
I remembered now.
He remembered me. I never knew I was that big a part in someone's life..
I felt a tear start to form around my eye, before I knew it, Beth had walked into my office. I looked up to her, the tear just fell.
Beth looked at me, confused and sympathetic. I brushed the tear away quickly. Beth hugged me and kissed my forehead.
"How's your back?" I asked her,
"My back?"
"Yeh, you broke it. Don't you remember?"
"Oh.. Yeh. It's fine. Are you alright?" She looked at me,
"Yeh, I guess." I said,
"What's all the tears about?" She asked, I saw David look up from his phone to me.
"You alright, mate?" He asked, sitting beside me.
"Just.. Beth, when you were at hospital ages ago, there was a boy there.. I bumped into him on the stairs when you were being operated on, he was about eleven. I- we, we went down to a café and had a drink, he said he didn't have anyone to talk to- he was a single child to a single mum, and, and when we finished our drinks we went back upstairs and his mum was dead." Beth put her hands across her face, I handed David the letter. He started to smile.
"Hey mate, why you crying for? He's happy, he's thanking you." David said,
"Just.. I didn't think that I could be a big part of someone's life." I said, truthfully,
"That would be like meeting the queen, stamps, they'll always remember you."
I didn't want to say anything to that, for there was nothing I could say.

"Stamps..?" David asked, standing up.
"Yeha?"
"Someone at the door."
I looked out the window, there were about four cars parked outside.
"What the heck..?" I walked to the front door with Beth and David behind me. I opened the door,
"Hello?" I said, a man walked out of the car. He immediately made me feel under dressed, he wore black trousers with a shirt and tie. His hair was neatly gelled .
"Good evening, sir." He said, "are you the man who assassinated the Seeker leader?" He asked, I gulped,
"Y-yes?" I said, looking behind me at Beth and David.
"May we speak to you in private?"
"Y-yeh sure, come right in-"
"No, outside." I was confused, so I walked further outside, closing the door behind me.
After a couple of seconds I walked closer, before the man tugged me by the collar. I shrieked.
"What is your name?!" He hissed,
"W-why?!"
"I asked you," he pulled out a gun and pointed it to my head, "What is your name?!"
"J-Joe!"
"Full name!"
"Garrett. Joseph Garrett!" I cried, looking into his eyes, fearing for my life.
"If you scream I pull the trigger, and both your friends die too." He growled,

You only happen once, enjoy this happening. You only happen once, enjoy this happening. YOU ONLY HAPPEN ONCE ENJOY THIS HAPPENING.
Flashbacks of David taking a stand while being whipped, all the pain. I thought the war was over, I thought it was over!

My leg hurt, but he had thrown the crutch to the ground. I had nothing to defend myself with. Nothing to hit him with. Who knows who or what was in those other cars?
"Why'd you kill him?" He hissed at me, my heart was in my mouth. I was totally out of practice and wasn't fit for fighting.
"I-" I found myself panicking, struggling to breathe.
"Why did you kill him?!" He growled, his bright blue eyes pierced mine.
"I- uh- self defence."
"Self defence? Eh?" He loosened his grip on my collar, I went to pick up my crutch.
"Hey! Not so fast, sir."
I struggled to get back up but he grabbed me placing the gun against my head again.
"Who are you?" I asked, my heart felt as if it was about to burst out of my chest.
"What. Did you say?" After this I immediately knew I made a wrong move, but I didn't give in.
"I asked your name." I said.
The gun was planted deep into my skull, it hurt, I knew that anytime now blood would start to appear.
The man grinned, before taking the gun away, I started to breathe again.
He held the gun on the end where the bullets are shot out.
I thought all was fine, before he pulled back and with all his might, whacked me in the head.
I blacked out, yelling in pain.

Davids pov

After I heard Joe yelling Beth and I ran straight for the door. I opened it to see all the cars leaving at speed and Joe lying on the ground, covered in blood, his crutch broken.
"Jesus Christ!" I yelled, something lay on top of him, it flashed red.
Beth ran straight towards Joe,
"Beth! No! Wait! Wait-"

Screams.
So many screams.
The world was dark grey, then a flash of white for a second.
I was drawn backwards, I fell to the ground. Too in shock to curse or swear.
A bomb. It was only small but it was a bomb all the same.
Had blown up Beth and Joe...
"Joe!" I yelled, my voice croaked, not contracting, if this man was dead I feared my life would be gone soon.
"Joe.. Joe don't do this to me, don't!" I muttered.
I couldn't see anything, the land was just covered in dust and debris. The sky was still distorted.
As the dust lowered I struggled to make my way to my best friend.
Coughing I limped towards them.
Beth's legs appeared first, then her body, but her face.. It was bleeding red, it looked like it had been ripped apart. Joe was similar, he was completely red, bloody. His t-shirt had been ripped open and his stomach was bleeding badly.
I called an ambulance, my head was light and incredibly painful. I then called the police, explaining the situation, before I collapsed to the ground.
You only happen once, enjoy this happening. Well I'm not enjoying this now.

MagicAnimalClub: Happeningsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें