6: Gone

Stampys POV

Before I went to sleep I looked at all my clips, I managed to edit out a little bit, though for some reason I didn't want to edit out the swearing, so I just censored it.
I edited out the slightly boring bits and embarrassing bits, then posted the video titling it Day One. It was more for me to look back on than for any of my viewers. I didn't know what else to call it, war sounded to formal. But before I thought of other words I fell asleep.
By morning it had thousands of views. No one had attacked yet, so I ate my baguette happily, flicking through the comments.
Be strong, is squid ok?

That looked scary, my cousin is out there. Btw how did you all get in a group 2gether?

Omg he swore... This is cool.

It was strange the way few people responded to me swearing- I guess it was normal to swear during fights. Although it had occurred to me that this was completely not PG.
"Hey, you guys, off your phone, we've got a long walk to do." John came in.
"Walk?" Ash intruded.
"Yeh, we can't drive or fly, their planes are everywhere, we need to keep cover."
"How? We'll be noticed." Netty said,
"There's a forest, we can go in there, though we will have to go through the main land for a bit- put on your helmets, we wanna get there before dusk."
"Get where, exactly?" Tom asked,
"Good question. Haven't a clue. All I know is that Dan, my colleague needs us there, there is a Seeker base there, we'll invade it."
"Yeh but we still don't know who these seekers are," Amy said,
"We don't care anymore. Whoever they are, they're trying to kill us, our friends, loved ones, family." John stated,
Everyone looked at each other in anxiousness. The thought of killing more people sickened me. I saw Davids lost face, his dark eyes, he was scared too.
We climbed out of our trench and headed towards the forest.
I looked up, I saw planes hovering above us,
"Do they see us?" I asked,
"No- well, I dont think so." John replied.
I turned my camera on, and started filming my face.
"So, guys why don't you tell me a bit about yourself, I'll start." John said,
"My name's John Newman, I was born on the 5th of January 1977, I'm 39, I fought in the Afgan war since I was 22, got a wife called Anne and a four year old called Lucy."
"Yo it's your birthday in two days," said Ash.
"God yeh- forgot about that." He said, smiling.
"So anyway, grew up in Edinburgh, moved to Brighton when I was sixteen then moved to Chichester as a student, and had that as my permanent home. And here I am now."
"Wow, man." Ash said, "well, was born and still live in Peterborough, my parents actually split up when I was twelve and after that I never saw my dad, ever since, which is kinda sad 'cos we were pretty close when I was young. My mum actually got married to some sonofabitch, told our mum we hated him but she refused to stop loving that guy so my brother and I left home when we were sixteen, my mum has come to visit us but we don't have the same bond as we did those years ago,"
"Wow.. Ash.." David said, "I wondered why you went quiet after anyone mentioned Mum or Dad,"
"Well.. Now you know.. Stamps, what about you?"
"Well.. Annette and I grew up in Chichester, I graduated in film-making then sort of started making YouTube videos. That's about I with my life."
We continued to run through the forest,
"Tell us about this YouTube thing you guys do, surely you can't make a career out of YouTube."
"That's what we thought, then we tried it." Tom said, we laughed,
"So.. I don't watch a lot of YouTube- well, maybe the odd guitar lesson, but tell me, who started it all and.. Yeh.."
Squid decided to explain.
"So Joe started first, I started a couple years after him but he'd only just started with this new series, I think after about a year we encouraged Amy to join, and we started to get a load of subscribers, I then met Ash a while later, I think I had about 700 thousand subscribers then, so when I got a million I convinced Tom to start, and I think he liked it, I think then Netty was encouraged by Stamps and then I met James and we are all really a big gang, here are a few more of us but.. They aren't here,"
"Well.. I.. Uhh.. If I said I understood I'd be lying but I get the gist.. I think."  John said, we laughed until a bomb exploded in front of us.
"Holy Shit!" I yelled falling back.
"How the hell did they know we were here!?" Tom shouted,
"It was a pressure plate, now they'll be coming for us! Guys, move! Move!" John yelled, we ran as fast as we could until we reached the open field, masses of Seekers surrounded the forest,
"Shit, we are gone. We are literally gone." James said.
"Climb a tree." John ordered.
We did as we were told by our captain. While people shot at the forest.
I took out my phone, I filmed myself, muting my radio while I spoke to my camera.
"Hello, this is, me and .. And there are hundreds of people out there, all after us eight. And-" I heard a bullet go off and Amy screamed.
"Amy!" I yelled, looking down,
"Don't go after her Joe!" David yelled,
I stared back in shock.
Amy had been shot, she had fallen down limp from the tree.. I caught a brief glimpse of her blood-stained face.
My eyes widened with complete and utter shock, the world around me seemed to stop, as if she was the only thing keeping me going.
"Aaagghh! Shit!" Ash fell down the tree in agony, I listened to the radio,
"My foot! It's been shot!" He yelled,
"Ash hold on there buddy hold on!" David yelled,
"No! Guys go just g-"
Ash was shot in the head.
"Asshh! NOO!" James yelled,
Tears rolled down my face, my breathing was fast, I was panicking, I had prepared for myself to die.. But not other people.. I didn't think it was going to be like this..
I turned off my phone and unmuted myself. The camera on my helmet was still going.
Breathing heavily, the blood raced through my head.
"CAPTAIN WE HAVE TO GET OUT OF HERE!" I yelled, the tears charging down my face.
"WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?! START SHOOTING!" John yelled, his face full of fury, he grabbed his rifle and shot down several people. We put up our shields, and shot, not caring who we killed.
This is for Amy and Ash. For my friends.
Suddenly I wasn't scared, suddenly I was angry. I was furious. This is me. I am who I am. And I will fight for my friends and I will fight for this world.
I will fight.