36: Tragedy

DAVIDS POV

Life.
What a pointless concept.
People find someone that they love and it gets taken away from them.
Death.
An even more tragic, horrible moment.
But everyone dies eventually. So why.. Why ...why shouldn't he?

My friend, to such an inspiration he was. He was anything you wanted him to be and he could do anything. He was such a strange person. So strange. But this didn't stop him from being himself, an amazing YouTuber, person and friend.

So why was my friend dying?
Because life is a cruel ruthless thing and none of us deserve to live.

I closed my eyes and listened to the constant imitation of Joes heart rate which was slowing, slowing. Slowing.

Tears were streaming down my broken down face and he, Joe, his face was grey and his eyes were closed and his heart was in someone else's hands because-

"We've got him back!" The surgeon said, putting the defibrillators back and wiping the sweat from her brow.
The monitor began beating more frequently.
It was okay now.. It was fine..
I gave Beth a hug, her eyeliner was smudged and she looked very panicky.
"It's okay.. It's alright now." I soothed, however my voice was shaky and I was shivering.
"I'm sorry, but we must have a look at you." They looked at my face, and I let them.
"Go on.." I sighed.
They scrubbed off all the dried blood from my face, I was left with just two big wounds and two black eyes.
"How did this happen?"
"He had a break down last night and things got completely out of hand."
"I might need to get a scan."
I suddenly felt really sick, I coughed but blood came out, I now felt that I was really going to be sick.
Then, yes I was sick. Luckily I got the the basin in time. But I was only throwing up blood.
"You have an internal bleeding," one of the nurses said.
I just shook my head. I didn't want this I just wanted my family now.
"No-" I was sick again. But I lost so much blood that I passed out completely.

Beth's POV

I rang up Nicole, I felt that I had no choice,
"Hi, Nicole." I said,
"Hi Beth you sound exhausted."
"Nicole you need to come to the hospital-"
"Wait- what?!"
"Joes just had a heart attack and David has an internal bleeding.. he's unconscious and he was throwing up blood."
Nicole went silent, "oh god.." She whispered. "Okay.. Right I'll come over now. I'll be about fifteen minutes."
I could tell that Nicole was regretting coming down to live here. I felt so bad, I should have taken David to the hospital last night. She wasn't going to forgive me now.
I shouldn't have let David go upstairs and see Joe. Everything went wrong because of me.

I sat looking between David and Joe. Remembering the horrible fight that they had.
They hated each other. They wanted each other dead. Well- Joe wanted David dead.
Now look at what happened. David lying unconscious with an internal bleeding and Joe, also unconscious after a heart attack.

"Um- Beth, is that your name?" A surgeon came to me,
"Yes." I said,
"David- he should be alright, are you his partner?"
"No- he's my friend, I'm with Joe but his fiancé is on her way."
"Okay that's fine- well, for Joe he may wake up anytime within the next couple of hours, but he will have to stay here till at least the middle of tomorrow."
I nodded. I would get him home tomorrow and have a serious talk with him - but then again he was completely out of his mind.

I walked up to Joe, he lay asleep. I decided to speak to him.
"Joe."
"Joe I don't know what I'm doing here." "All I know is that- that you were wrong. " a tear fell down my face. "And that you do have violence and gore inside of your head."
"But I still love you."

When I turned around I was shocked. There were about seven children surrounding the bed.
"H-hello?" I questioned, puzzled.

"It'll be okay, Sqaishey." A polite young boy said,
"Where is Squid?" One girl asked,
"T-they had a fight. Something went wrong in Stampy's head and.. And Squid is in there." I pointed to the next cubical. The children took a step back,
"Don't worry- he won't hurt anyone now. He's fixed." I said. This calmed the kids slightly.

I saw Nicole walk in, her children walked either side of her. She looked at all the children surrounding Joe and David, she covered her mouth.
"Mummy? Where is daddy?" Rosie asked her.
"He's here." She said, walking over to David.

NICOLES POV

"Oh- sorry miss." A young boy said, moving out of the way to let the kids and I see.
"You will all really make him happy." I said, "they both have missed recording videos.. Just a pity you have to see them like this." I said,
"Are they your children." A girl asked,
"Yep." I said, smiling,
"They are lovely." She responded.

"Where is daddy?" Rosie asked again.
"This- this is him, Rosie." I said,
"That's not daddy, daddy doesn't have purple eyes or a cut on his nose." James added,
"That's because he has been hurt. He will look back to normal soon."

I noticed David's eyes twitching, I then looked over and saw that Joe was starting to wake up too.
I wondered if Joe or Beth knew about Davids dad.
Was I the only one who knew how much stress David was in? ...did I even know?