11: Friend

NICOLES POV

I sat in the shower, feeling the baby inside of me.
I was never really a children's person, but I suppose if I bring this baby up to be nice, gentle and artistic- we'd get to be great friends. I just hoped David would come back. I needed him. He is amazing with children, he's so nice, I just don't want him to come home with complete brain damage or... Dead.

Stampys pov

I woke up. I noticed David was already up so I sat beside him, leaning against the cold brick wall.
"Hey.. How are you?" I asked, looking at his pale face.
"Crap." He replied. I put my arm around his shoulder. Trying to comfort him.
"Remember that Sky Island challenge you used to do.. Or slippery survival or something?" I asked him, trying to cheer him up, that made him smile,
"Yeh. Where you were my auntie?" He laughed,
"Oh Squiddy darling!" I impersonated,
"Remember when she died!" David laughed,
"And immediately after she re-spawned you took her to a barbecue." We sat laughing .
"Those were the good old days." David sighed, "what about when I had to sing in one of your videos?" 
"Oh that was the.. One million subscriber thing?" David burst out laughing,
"what a lovely world!" We giggled.
"Remember when I dared you to make a cheesecake drunk?" i reminded him, and David snorted.
"Oh god yeh- I put way too much butter!"
"You don't know how much I laughed at that." I admitted, "seriously I watched it five times over!" We leaned our heads against the wall trying not to laugh too loudly.
"How's your back today?" I asked, changing the topic. All of us slept shirtless with our boxers on, we wrapped a blanket around us.
"Have a check- it doesn't feel as bad." David took his blanket away from his back as I checked it. There were red scabs along his shoulder blades and large purple bruises along his waist.
"Looks pretty painful, but it's healing." I admitted.
James had woken up, his eyes were big and red. He scratched his stomach.
"What are you two doing?" He asked. Soon I realised that David and I were in a position many would call very inappropriate as he was lying down and I knelt with my legs parted on top of him, checking his back.
David laughed first, "it's not what it looks like- he's checking my back." We moved out of the position.
"Guys, pack up we leave in half an hour." John called.
We replied by saying captain, before not speaking, and getting changed. I sprayed deodorant, got dressed, I fiddled with my hair before looking in my pockets. It smelt like home.
I reached deep inside my pocket where I felt something. It was a piece of paper.
I lifted it out to find it was an envelope. Saying Joe.
I opened it up:

Dear Joe,
I can't express my sadness that you are going away, leaving me. But I suppose that makes you a good person. I'd like to let out my feelings here. As I may not see you again.
Joe. All I do, I do for you. I have good days, bad days.. But after all they're all days. Days happen inside of weeks, weeks happen inside of months, months happen inside of years, years inside of decades, decades inside of centuries, centuries inside millenniums. They all happen. But just what happens when you die? We don't know. We don't know where this tiny little earth lies in the world of happenings, and perhaps we never will, but You only happen once, enjoy this happening.
Because I'm so glad you happened to me.
Beth. Xx

I felt tears form inside my eyes, my nose tensed as I put the letter to my face, David put his hand on my shoulder as I rested my head in my hands, crying.
"Hey mate." He whispered, I handed him the note, he started to read it, keeping his hand over his mouth. Once he finished reading it he gave it back to me. David gave me a hug, patting my back.
I just wanted to be back with Sqaishey, sitting beside her. Laughing with her.
"Let it out on the field. Let it all out. " said David, blankly smiling and holding my shoulder.
James was leaning back against the wall breathing heavily,
"You okay James?" David asked,
"Yeh.. Just.. " he gave himself a punch in his chest.
John walked in,
"Let's go."
We nodded, standing up and leaving.