~×6×~

"I'm sorry... but I'm not your sister."

...I could feel my heart slowly breaking... What was left of it was slowly chipping away as I looked at Subaru's sad, angry expression. The hope that was left in his eyes was completely drained from those few words I said. His body slumping over and his lips were beginning to part in disbelief.

Most likely-- he still knows its me despite what I said.

Though... how would you feel if your sister that you loved just said she wasn't your sister. Wasn't your family. I would feel heartbroken and betrayed. Heh, maybe that's why all my brothers become the way they are... not really cared for by their mothers lead them to build there own barrier around their hearts.

Looking away with a pained expression, he mumbled, "Oh... I see."

"Su-"

"I was sent to tell you dinner is in a few minutes. If I were you, I would want to get downstairs on time." He was heading out the door, but stopped just before he turned the knob. "Also, if you didn't know, all of us are bloodsucking monsters so you should stay away from us." With that, he left without another word.

In the disturbing silence, I was left by myself once again. The conversation running around in circles in my head. The expression Subaru left with burned into my head.

A knock resonated within the somewhat empty room. "Akane? You there?" It was Tsukiya's voice.

Still thinking about the previous events, I mumbled a 'yes', more to myself than to Tsukiya.

"Akane?" He said, his voice slightly louder. I heard the door open and looked over to see Tsukiya with a worried expression.

Somewhat regaining my senses, I responded, "Huh? Uh, yes?"

Walking over to me, he ruffled my hair and mumbled, "Worrying me like that....sheesh." He was looking at me in the eye now, "I'm not going to ever be able to leave you alone now, am I? Tsk tsk, aren't you troublesome~."

Removing his hand from my head in the most 'gentle' way possible, I responded, "And what about you? Hm~, Tsu-chan. Remember that time when you got caught in a net trap set up by the other kids and I had to help you down? Or maybe when you got caught in Sara's... blackmail plan for you....she can be a scary child when she wants."

Tsukiya and I shivered in unison at the thought of a pissed off Sara.

"....yeah... BUT, that's not the point! I have to take care of you more than you take care of yourself!"

Putting my hands on my hips, I responded, "Oh really? When did I need your help then, hm?"

Taking a deep breath, he began naming off a bunch of things. "Cooking food without completely burning it, telling you how to do laundry, helping you with your studies, reminding you about what you need to do, keeping you out of trouble with the other kids, making sure your not out past curfew.... Do i still need to go on?"

"......please don't... My pride is on the verge of tears..."

Patting my head, he went began walking towards the door, "Now, we should start going downstairs for dinner then. From what I've heard so far, Reiji is seemingly scary when people are unorganized."

Sighing, I followed with a simple, "Yeah, he sure is..."

~~*~*~~

...well, dinner at the Sakamaki residence isn't awkward at all. Nope.

As soon as Tsukiya and I arrived, we were stared down and glared at by an annoyed Reiji. Silently, we sat down to see Laito and Ayato picking on the poor human girl, Yui was it? I think so.

•Hatred•A diabolik Lovers fanfic•जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें