chapter-22

(NATHAN'S P.O.V)

I guess Kevin was serious about the suspension thing. I didn't see Jessica in the morning during practice and from some corner of my heart, I felt myself hoping that she would be alright. 'Hey did you hear about what happened at Kevin's pool party?' asked Ashton and I came back to earth. 'What?', I asked not hearing his question.

'Jessica was dropped into the pool and then some guy saved her. She broke up with Kevin and punched him the face too', he replied. 'You sound like a bunch of girls', mocked Dave and Ashton threw a wad of paper at his head. 'Wait, what? She fell into a pool and some guy saved her?', I asked completely thrown off track and he nodded.

'Huh', I said not feeling surprised at all because drama just happened to be her middle name.

'He might be her next boyfriend. Tough luck for you Nate', said Jake and I blinked at him. 'What? You think that we don't know how you like her?', he asked. 'I'm not in love with her', I said flatly. 'Heaven forbid! If you become friends with the Cruella then we can't be together', said Dave.

'Why do you make it sound like we're dating?' I asked with a weird look. 'We're not?' asked Dave with a frown and I facepalmed myself causing them all started to snicker. 'I can't believe that I'm friends with you idiots', I mumbled. 'Better than the 'royals'', said Ashton.

'Point taken', I said and I winced at the pain on my jaw. 'They got you pretty bad didn't they?' asked Dave with a frown and I shrugged. 'It's nothing big', I said. 'Who said that it's nothing bad? They act like they rule us or something', muttered Dave and we nodded.

'You know what? You should date Cruella, maybe she'll take it easy on us', said Ashton and I scoffed. 'If Jessica was the old Jessie that I knew then I wouldn't even have to date her to control her', I said without thinking.

'What do you mean by the old Jessie?' they asked confused. 'Nothing', I replied quickly. The boys didn't know Jessica the way I did. Back when I was friends with her, she was the sweetest person on earth and she would never hurt anyone.

'Remember about my apology!' exclaimed Ashton and I came back to the present where Jessica wouldn't even blink before ruining someone's life. 'Starbucks at five', I said. 'How am I supposed to get her there again?' he asked. 'You ask her best friend', I said and he nodded nervously. 'It'll be hard to get Lillian alone', said Dave. 'Why do girls always walk in packs?! They're already scary alone and they have to walk together!' exclaimed Ashton.

'You're just a sucker', said Jake and he made a face at him. 'I'll help', I volunteered with a sigh and he gave me a grateful smile.