Ballerina and our weird antics

Ballerinas are weird.  We choose to have a teacher correct us, dance in time with music, be in a hot room that even though it may have ac, the ac doesn't help too much, we put our body into positions that it really shouldn't be in.  

  We're crazy, but that's ok.  

  When people make fun of us, we shutter.  We put our body through hours of work to get it into the positions that it can be in.  Yet, for some reason some people sometimes think that they can put their body in those same positions just because they took ballet for a couple of years when they were little, weird, right? 

  They make fun of us and for the most part, we let is go over our heads because we know that they are 100% wrong.  

  Now, my least favorite thing that people who don't do ballet do is them trying to imitate us doing pirouettes.  It takes years, I repeat, years to master a single pirouette, let alone a quad (4).  They will try to imitate us with their arms up in a crooked position, their leg somewhere floating near their knee and them trying and failing at turning.  I hate it.  

  However, a month ago or so, my ballet girls and I were alone in a studio while our teacher was getting something.  We then proceeded to make fun of the people who make fun of us.  Boy, was that fun.  Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this little blurb.  Have a great day and just keep dancing. ~Mia