Chapter 13 - "Are you a murderer, Isaiah?"

Start from the beginning

Noah gave her a disappointed look, then handed her her paper back.

"You worth more than this prostitution shit, Asha." Noah said. "You could actually be something in life."

Asha scrunched her eyebrows at Noah placing her hands into her coat pockets.

"No I can't." Asha said in a disturbed tone.

"And why can't you?"

Asha kept the weird look on her face, then glanced down.

"I don't know...." Asha mumbled. "You just the first person who told me that I could do something..."

"You shouldn't need nobody to tell you that you can." Noah said in a serious tone. "You should be the one who motivates yourself. Not me. You are your own best friend and your own worst enemy."

Asha cracked a small smile, then got up and made her way back to Carlos's.

"Thanks, Noah." Asha grinned.

"No prob." Noah said as he kept his eyes on his books. "You go be somethin' in life."

Noah had no interest in Asha, but he did have potential in her. He knew that she could use all of that beauty she had for something. When everyone left the house for the day, I decided to call my parents to avoid the embarrassment of being kicked out of college.

"Hello?" My father answered.

"Care to explain why you and ma decided to boot me out of college?" I snarled.

"Wow, Josh. That's funny." My father laughed. "You only call us when you need something."

Okay I did, which was pretty fucked up. I leaned forward and sighed, covering my face in agitation.

"You're getting all A's and B's, huh?" My father scoffed. "Your professor alerted us and let us know that you got a 40% or lower on 10 of your last assignments?"

"I'm 18 years old. This isn't high school!" I barked. "I don't need you checkin' in on my grades!"

"Lil boy you got your damn nerve!" My father barked back at me. "I'm payin' for all of those classes you supposed to be to be takin' so you think I ain't gone be checkin' up on yo' grades?"

"So you just gone give up on me, huh?" I snarled, acting like a little ass kid.

"If you don't care about your education, that's fine. I'm not going to pay money for you to fail." My father growled. "You wanna fail, YOU pay for YOUR own classes! You're 18 years old and you need a job instead of living off of your damn aunt!"

Every time I spoke to my father, I felt like a loser because he was right about 95% of the time. Before he hung up, he chanted one last message to me.

"I don't know who the hell you think you're getting smart towards like you're Isaiah but I ain't Aunt Shay." My father growled again. "Unlike her, I'll fly down there and whoop yo' little ass for getting out of line with me!"

Once he hung up, I didn't know what to say. I sat there and stared at my phone for 2 minutes straight without any movement. I was an 18 year a boy without a job, failing grades, and not doing anything with my life. I would say that I felt like Isaiah, but Isaiah sold and paid the bills to the house, so he was still doing something even though it wasn't the best way.

I was a 18 year old loser.

When Isaiah got done selling around 10:00pm, he came back home with a shitload of cash. He sold a lot more than usual. He slipped $200 dollars out of the two wads he had and threw it on my lap, smiling down at me.