Chapter 24: Why, Hello There (part 1)

Jay's POV

We reached the front of a large mansion. as soon as my feet touch the step Luna opens the door with a smug expression.

" Jay, it's nice to see you alive and well. I see you haven't learned anything about your appearance since the last time we meet. I thought you would at least look slightly intimidating when you came to my door. Anthony, I've missed you so much baby, I hope you have my dinner waiting at home with an ice cold beer. Hello, Jay's little....hmmm well you guys don't look much like an army so I guess I'll call you nothing," she says with one of those fake smiles. You know, the ones you give to the aunt at the reunion that smells like a nursing home and has never heard of 'personal space'.

I get prepared to say something witty back, but Just before I get the chance Zelena walks up and stares her straight in the eye.

"Are you the crazy lady who gave my friends bad dreams?"

"Yes, and what are you?" Luna says in a condescending voice.

"Oh nobody, just your biggest fear and your worst nightmare bottle up in my little body." with that Zelena smirks mischievously.

My friends, Luna, and I look at Zelena with slight curiosity except for Malique. He stands there with his shoulders back looking proud as ever.

Quietly I hear the sweet song that my mother sang to all of my siblings before I fell asleep. Zelena's eyes close as she hums the sweet song and so does Luna's.

Strength and power began to overwhelm my body with each verse that she sings. For every ounce of strength I receive Luna screams louder.

When the song is over I am left stronger than ever while luna lays on the floor like a lost child who just saw the worst of this world. Zelena looks back at me and smiles.

"Damn sis," I say with a proud smile on my face.

"We will be able to go in now without any problems. Past the doors, I don't know what's in there. There a control room that I saw in her head. If I am able to get in there I can control everyone," she replies while her face beams with pride.

As she walks back to Malique's side and I lead my army through the doors.

The main room is filled with old pictures of people I don't recognize. It almost looks like we walked into a palace without servants walking buzzing around. There's a large staircase leading to the second level, which is covered with solid black glass. All of the carpets and walls are painted a different shade of red with a white trim. Although the house looks like it was recently cleaned, there is no one in sight.

"Welcome to the home of Edward Bloom III, how may I help you madam?" a small man with a french accent and a tray in his hand.

"I would like to see Edward. It's an urgent family matter."

"He ha been expecting you," he smirks, hands me the tray, then disappears.

When I open the tray there is a small phone and a note.

'Welcome to my home love, I hope you get the introduction you were expecting

Your dearest uncle,

Edward'

Suddenly the phone turns on and I hear Daymien's screams coming through the speaker as an image of him being beaten and left in excruciating pain shows on the screen.

All the rage and pain within me releases. I feel myself screaming as power surges all around me. Thornes erupt from my hands and arms. My entire army gets in their battle stance a draws their weapons just as Edwards army begins to appear.

This war has begun.