Chapter 8: I'M BACKKKKK!!!!!

We sat there on the couch in total silence. My mom was still sniffling but my brother and I just had blank looks on our faces. There was nothing left to say. My mom literally just poured her heart out and it looks like it was her first time ever doing it. How could I have been so insensitive in asking her about what was going on? We have always told each other everything, why didn't I give her the benefit of the doubt? I don't want to push her away like I did with my dad, my old friends, and anyone else who hurts me in the slightest ways. I want to, no I NEED to fix this so my family can get back together and be safe.

Someone knocked on the door, but it seemed like I was the only one who heard it. I got up and opened the door. Right after the door opened my oxygen supply was cut off by a human force.

"What is wrong with you? You had me scared to death! You could've died! One text! ONE TEXT! That's all it took! But noooooooo, you had to disappear from the word! You stupid ugly wrench!" Kambrea, the human force, screamed in my ear.

"I love you too, Kambi," I gasped out.

"Let go. She can't breathe and I don't need bruises," I heard Mr. C say as he sighed in relief.

"No, I'm gonna kill her for leaving me!" she said, but then let go instantaneously.

Mr. C hugged me and went inside. Just as I was about to close the door I saw Daymien at the end of my driveway. I wanted to run to him and hold him but I didn't know if I should. I didn't have to worry about that though because he did that exact thing.

He reached me and said,"I am never letting you go again. Do you understand? Never."

When we finally separated to walk into the house I noticed that my brother and Kambrea were staring at each other like deer in headlights.

"Kam what did you do to my brother? What's wrong with him?" I asked confused.

"I....I....I'm Donelle," my brother muttered.

"I'm Kambrea," she said with her accent flung off the walls.

"Mom what is wrong with them!?" I said still confused out of my mind.

"Oh hush honey they are Life Mates and unlike you two," she said pointing to me and Daymien, "they didn't swallow each other's faces at first sight."

Daymien and I smiled sheepishly while everyone else in the room, except the love birds who still say and started, chuckled. I pried my hand out of Daymien's, walked over to my brother and friend, begun to guide the two of their hands together and lead them to the couch.

I retold him the story my mom told me leaving out a few details, so I wouldn't hurt her further. I knew if we were going to accomplish this they would need to know since they are the closest people to me.

"So Mr. C, what do you think we should do?" My mom asked.

"Call me Anthony please, all of you. We aren't in school and "Mr. C" makes me feel old. I think we need to train both Jay and Donelle. Together their powers will be 10 times what they are now. Also, Daymien and Kam need to train to. They are the closest people to Jay, I'm pretty sure if anything happens they will be there, " Anthony said.

"Damn right we will!" Daymien and Kam said together.

"MOM COME HERE!" Zelena yelled from upstairs.

"Will you excuse me, everyone? It seems my daughter is getting a little lonely," mom said changing her expression to a happy one as she headed upstairs to tend to my sister.

"As I was saying," Anthony continued. "Since you guys will almost always be together, you are the best people to protect each other. I would assume that if someone was coming after Jay they would come after us too. So how do you feel about training?"

"I AM IN!" everyone exclaimed.

"Alright then. Everyone call their partners and let them know about the training. We will begin Monday," Anthony said with determination in his voice.

I headed upstairs to my room after everyone left. This felt as though it was too much for me to handle all at once. Now, not only did I need to do this for me, but to save my family as well, plus I'm putting all my new found friends at risk. How could everything go so wrong so fast?