Chapter 16: The Beginning

Jay's POV

After all the madness today, all I wanted to do is be with Daymien. Thanks to the bond we share when he's near me, I can be calm and rest. I called him as soon as everything settled down and he was over within minutes.

I guess my mom is too mad at me to care so she let me take him up to my room. Right, when we got to the top of the stairs Adam decides to walk out.

"Why the hell is there another male inside of your house?!" he said with flared nostrils that had smoke flowing out of them, and his eyes turned black with rage.

"Daymien it's ok he's my godfather. He's not a threat," I ran my hand down his back trying to sooth him.

"Uh hi, my names Adam. Nice to meet you," he said with a smile that would make any girl swoon.

I felt a growl erupt from Daymien's chest so instead of doing introductions I brought him into my room.

"His disgusting stench is everywhere!" He said.

"He's my godfather, nothing else. There's nothing to worry about. I would never leave you," I said while wrapping my arms around him and kissing him softly.

"You better not."

I finally got him to calm down and sit, we cuddled on my bed and watched movies and joked around till I fell asleep. Right, when my sleep was starting to get good agony washed over me. I couldn't scream but felt my insides being torn to shreds. The feeling lasted for what felt like an eternity then abruptly ended.

I sat there panting and in shock. When I opened my eyes I realized that I had fallen to the floor and Daymien and Adam were standing over me looking very concerned.

As soon as my eyes opened Daymien grabbed me in his arms,"What's wrong? Did I hurt you? Are you okay? What happened? I wasn't even that angry," the last part he seemed to be saying only to himself.

"I...I think I'm fine it didn't feel like it was me. Are you hurt?"

"No, no I'm fine you just started to scream and I don't know why....."

"It's your parabati. That's the only bond you share other than with your parents. You dads have been cut off and your moms are also linked to me so it's definitely not her," Adam started sounding more relieved than concerned.

"We need to help him. NOW!" I began to run down the stairs and hopped into my car.

Daymien opened the driver's door and looked at me cautiously,"What the hell are you waiting for?"

"I don't know what just happened and I don't want you driving. You're vulnerable right now, I can feel it. Plus, I know where he lives let me drive."

He had a point so I let him take the wheel. I felt the bond between me and Anthony get stronger the further we drove. I knew we were getting close, but the closer we got the more vicious the anger I felt flowing through the bond got.

Suddenly the horrendous pain and anguish washed over me. I sat in the chair in complete pain. No matter how much Daymien tried to touch me as he drove nothing worked. Then the pain disappeared along with the feelings that were flowing through the bond. I began to cry but not from the pain.

"What's wrong?" Daymien asked with pain and fear laced through his voice.

"I can't feel anything anymore. Why can't I feel anything?" I spat out frantically.

"Does it feel like emptiness or like a part of you is gone?"

"E...emptiness."

"Good. Calm down, Jay, he's still alive. He may be unconscious but if he was dead it would be a different feeling. I promise you he's okay."

As he finished those words he pulled into a parking space in front of a big condo on the south side of Miami. I ran towards the door leaving Daymien behind. I noticed that it wasn't locked leaving me even more scared. If the doors unlocked that means whoever hurt him is long gone.

Once inside the house, I followed the pathway to a large den. There was some punk rock looking dude passed out on the couch surrounded by beer cans. I followed the next hallway until I found a bedroom door that was slightly ajar. I crept In and saw Anthony's body laid out on the floor. He was covered in scratches and had blood under his nails.

I don't know when I did it but I had his body cradled in my arms while I cried into the crook of his neck. I can't let him die. We have gotten so close over the past month and he has given up a lot to help me I can't just let him die here.

I remembered the time when I hurt Claire and how I healed her. Through my tears, I began to think happy thoughts and imagined Anthony as his happy cool self. Within a few minutes felt his hands wrap around me and drew me into a hug.

"I'm ok. It's going to be ok," he managed to rasp out before he fell asleep.

As he closed his eyes, Daymien and Monica walked into the room. Daymien came over to me and wrapped his hands around me and calmed my senses.

"Hey Jay, Daymien called me and told me what happened......I can help. He's....he's been under a lot of stress and that has effects on the mind as well as the body. Since he's already asleep I'm just going to give him sweet dreams and fix any problems in his mind while I find out what happened," Monica said with a scared but determined look in her eyes.

All I could do was nod slowly and focus on the sweet things Daymien whispered into my ear. All Monica did was touch his forehead lightly, and I felt the peace wash over his body. As soon as I knew he was okay and in good hands I left the room. Cooking had always helped me get my mind off things, so I went into the kitchen and started to cook and bake a bunch of things.

After making a feast and cleaning the whole house I went to sit by Anthony's bed while Daymien took Monica home since she was to worn out to travel back. All she could say was that he would be fine and he remembers what he needs to know.

An hour or so later I heard his breathing change and saw his bright green eyes,"I don't think it's appropriate for me to be in front of you in my underwear."

"Oh my gosh, thank God! I'm so glad you're okay. What.....what happened?"

He sat there quietly for a moment staring up at the ceiling. I sat there patiently not wanting to force him to do anything that would harm him. After about 5 minutes I saw tears gather in his eyes as he looked at me. It was a fierce and angered look that would have made anyone cringe and began a stream of apologies.

"It has begun."~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you so much to all my readers. I am so glad to have reached 1,000 reads. I was not expecting this book to gain much attention at all. You guys are the best. If there's anything you would like me to add into the story or if you have any ideas at all feel free to comment or message me.

With all the appreciation my heart can give,
Chey