Chapter 21: Information Dump

Something changed in me those few minutes after I realized the Daymien was gone. There had been too much loss, too much pain, too many unanswered questions. Finding the people I love meant everything.

Despite Adams protest, I brought everyone into the from and started ransacking the files that I found stored there. There was also a large mainframe computer that I know I wouldn't be able to understand no matter how I tried so I reached out to my group of loyal friends.

"Who knows how to work this computer?"

"I do," Adam said with a bit more attitude then I was in the mood for tolerating.

"I wasn't asking you, you have a separate job. Who is good with computers?"

"I am," a small voice stated.

I turned to look who it was and say my sister standing in the doorway. I know my mom would never forgive me if I got her involved with this but I was starting to believe keeping her in the dark wasn't an option at this point. I also knew that she was too much for me for her to just let it be.

"Zelena you can't......"

"I know they're gone. Dad, your boyfriend, and someone else but I don't know if I know them. I'm good with computers and I know a lot more then I let you believe so let me help," she said with a firm look on her face.

Even though this should've made me concerned it brought a smile to my face, "who are you and what did you do with my baby sister?"

"I'm 11, not a baby. I've known dad was taken for over a year now then I started to feel it. He's closer than before, though, I thought he was coming home. They're all close."

I nodded my head and let her on the computer set glad I had some help. When I looked up to start going through files Adam had this weird look on his face. "What's wrong?"

"She never had powers before, we thought she was a Sêęr. How could this be?" He said looking more disconcerted by the second.

"I've had them along. I can feel people and use my voice in a dangerous way, that's why I don't speak much," Zelena said keeping her eyes focused on the computer.

We all stood around staring at her for a moment. I really needed to find out what happened to this child, but sadly that had to wait.

Looking through the files that I had set before me was quite a job. There were over 200 people who worked for my uncle, well 200 known people, not counting Malique and Luna. Each file had a short description of the person, a picture if they had one, and a list of the things they could do.

Just by going through about five profiles I knew this wasn't going to be an easy fight.

***

Once we finished looking at all the files and triangulated the area in which my dad, brother, and Daymien were Kam suggested we take a break. I went in my backyard wanting to be alone.

There were so many people that we would have to get through to get to my uncle. He's surrounded himself with a crowd full of powerful beings that all have a thirst for revenge. If they feel anything like what I'm feeling now then I know for sure they won't give up.

I feel a single tear run down my face as I stared off into the distance. I haven't cried since my father was taken. Nothing ever felt like it was good enough to shed tears over and now the tears only make me feel weaker.

I need my family back or I'm going to die trying.

Zelena's POV