Chapter 20: Gone

Jay's POV

I sat in silence until I heard a gut retching scream. I ran out of my room but she I got to the top of the stairs my head began to feel like it was exploding and there was a longing sense of pain in my heart.

I heard screams in the distance. I knew something was horribly wrong but I couldn't move an inch. I felt my eyes grow heavy and right before I gave into the darkness someone grabbed my face.

"Jay are you okay?"

"Malique what are you doing here? Find Daymien I think he's hurt. What....what happened?" With each word, I said more pain shot through my head.

"Oh lover boy will be fine. Maybe. Probably not , but that's not important," Malique said with an evil grin on his face.

"Wha...what do you....?"

"What do I mean? Well, you'll find that out later. I'm here to follow through with a few promises. First to get you that witch that I promised and second to help out a sweet relative of yours. Luna , darling, work your magic," he said walking away.

"Tell my Anthony I said hi and give him this for me," then the girl, Luna, kissed me and pain shot through my brain. "And I will be having a lot of fun with your little boy toy over there.

I blacked out from anger and pain before she even got the chance to run away.

"Xia where are you going? Mommy said to stay in the room with Adam when relatives are over," Five-year-old Jay said.

"Aren't you the least bit curious about dads family?" Axial said with a look of mischief on his face.

"Duh, that's why I sneak into the rooms at night so that I can't get caught. Plus they never feel my conscious moving around them."

"Your right Jax. When did you become so smart?"he said.

7 years later

There was a man in my room who was picking up a sleeping Axial. I tried to scream but my voice was gone. I felt my dads bond being broken and tried to scream again but nothing came out.

I fought against the power hold on me be kicked the guy in the back.

"Oh hello little one. You must be the pathetic runt of the family," my uncle said smiling. "You're useless. I'll let you live since your only going to be a low life Jem."

My face twisted up in confusion. I was a Rose how could I be a Jem, who could only manipulate illusions.

When the man left I was able to move again but all I could see was darkness and all I could hear was pain.

Claire's POV

Anthony called me screaming something about Jay being in trouble but I only saw how bad once I got to her house.

Her mom was on the floor wailing. Her brother was as pale as a ghost, which I didn't think was possible since he's only gotten darker since I meet him. Ty was silent for once. Tommy went to the bathroom and hasn't come out since. Her sister is crying and keeps saying something about paradise. Kam is screaming at everyone while trying to calm Donnelle down at the same time. Anthony well he's still a mess.

I basically the only calm looking person in the room, but on the inside, I was a mad woman. Jay saved me from the monster inside her once it's my turn to save her now.

Since everyone was too busying going crazy to notice I brought Jay in her room for some peace and quiet. I reached deep into her mind and willed her to wake up. When I opened my eyes she was still asleep. I tried this three more times with the same result.

There only one thing left to do, that I could think of, to wake her up. It'll hurt is both but if it works she'll be even better than before and hopefully, have some control over her emotions.

I reached into her mind again and closed my eyes. I focused all my powers into her and reached into her dreams. When I called to her she didn't answer, so I had to dream shock her.

A dream shock is when you pull someone forcefully out of their dreams and pray that it doesn't leave damage.

When I opened my eyes I was staring into one pitch black eye and one red eye. Thorns were snake out of her body and reaching towards me. Even before they touched me my whole body started to convulse in pain.

"Jay it's me, Claire. You....you need to calm down. You're gonna...you gonna...."

"Claire?" I heard Jay's voice with all rage gone from it.

"Oh my gosh, Jay you're back! Are you okay? Does it feel like something is wrong in your head?" I said

She looked at me confused, "I could have just killed you and you're worried about if my heads okay? Maybe we should check you head. You're supposed to run away from danger."

"Jay! JAY! Oh, thank God my babies alright. I can't lose another one," Jays mom said hugging and kissing her all over.

"Ma, I'm okay. I will make everything okay, I promise."

"No baby. I don't want you anywhere near this stuff. It's too dangerous. I'll just have Adam relocate us and..."

"No! I need to save Xia. I need to."

Her mom burst into a fresh set of tears by the mention of the name Xia. Everyone looked around confused except for Adam, Donnelle, and Ty.

"Are we missing something?" Anthony asked.

"Xia is Jay's oldest brother Axial.they were really close but when she was little she could never pronounce his name right. They blended their names together so she called him Xia and he called her Jax," Adam said with a sad smile on his face.

We all sat in silence while Donnelle took his wailing mother into his arms and brought her to another room. These are the times that I hate being able to sense emotion. There was anger, grief, sadness, pain, longing, and any other painful thing you could think of. The only good thing I could sense n the room was a strong sense of determination.

"I'm going to find my uncle and I'm going to kill him," she said then looked over at Anthony. "I'm going to find your skank ex-girlfriend and give her a long painful taste of her own medicine after what she did to the both of us. And I will find my dad and my brother."

"Wait you meet Luna?" Anthony said with hate and pain I his eyes.

"Yes. She's the one who put me to sleep and gave me all my bad memories back. I would like to thank her by returning the gift. She also said hi and kissed me for you."

We all looked a bit confused on the last part but it still angered is nonetheless.

"I'm leaving and I'm leaving now. Anyone who's willing to come with me suit up and grab all you weapons. This is war."