Chapter one: What?

(Literally just fixing a few typos and making a dictionary sorry)

Pj has had this look of anxiety for ages now.

Oh wait. I think I need to explain why. I think I'll need to include who I am first, though. I'm Daniel Howell, but I prefer to be called Dan. I'm 16, currently extremely tall (compared to most of the school) and really I don't hang around people that much.

I'm guessing your curious about what PJ is anxious about.. I apologize.

It started when we were on our way to high school, considering how we all are just carpooling like regular people, when a tree started to smolder* beside the "stop" sign beside us. Coincidentally, it was on my side. It seemed as if everyone thought something terrible but me. When we started moving, the grass burst into and out of flames.

I know what you're thinking. "Into and out of flames? How is that possible?" Well, I didn't know it was possible until then. But unfortunately, you will have to learn why this happened later.

Now I can skip to now, because you know how the whole car ride was. Awkward silence, randomly turning the radio on and off, and then also the flames on the grass outside the car.

PJ, the one who was actually on the same side as me, had a "Oh.. Fuck" kinda face. Like he screwed up and felt major guilt, without the actual feeling of feeling like you failed someone.. If you understand.

Pj has emerald green eyes and brown, curly hair. He's currently dating Chris, which is also a friend of mine. Louise, a girl with blonde hair and a heavy accent (which really doesn't differ from the rest of us), was currently in the middle of the two, considering she didn't care if they were dating, she didn't want them having a full make-out session beside her.

But what is really throwing me off is to why PJ and Chris are sharing knowing glances, worried-looking ones at that. And Louise had one of the most terrified looks I'd seen her wear.

They are normally the ones to be smiling and goofy. They would be passive to the entire thing. Instead, their smiles vanished and replaced themselves with anxiety-filled looks. I didn't know it then, but I found out a day later, in which you will have to wait as well.

Once we were at school, it burst into high, large flames. They went out, the final one starting a fire with nothing to put it out. It ended up burning trees, any wood in the area (which, thankfully, was very little), and the building itself.

Everyone had to run out, almost being burnt. I felt a slight tugging, and realized it was the same one when the tree started to smolder. Whatever was happening, I figured it wasn't the end of this.

I had soon collapsed. My eyes were blinded by black dots, and soon, everything was black.

When I had awoken, I was in a car. My head was propped up, and someone was beside me. My head hurt like hell, and I figured it was only because of the tragic events that happened.

I lifted my head to see Louise beside me, Chris at the front, Pj driving, and my mother beside Louise.

The pain was like a butcher's knife going straight through my skull to my feet. I groaned in pain and soon was the centre* of attention.

"Why are you all staring at me?" I groggily questioned.

"Daniel.. Are you okay?" My mum had asked back.

"Yeah. Why?"

"Dan! We were worried sick! You were out for an hour. We were about to get to our hour-long destination with you still unconscious." Louise exclaimed with surprise to the question.

"Where to?" I asked.

"You've no need to know. You'll find out in due time." Pj answered.

What threw me back was how he worded it. As if he were someone else, in a bland* state.

That was when I had the sensation again. The tugging, and then we hit a bump. Not just a bump that would jostle you around a little, but one that threw you above the seat.

I had hit my head on the window and blackout out once more.

"Smolder..." When something is about to catch fire, and you can see the little amount of light it gives off.

"Centre"- (the British spelling of) America's spelling of center.

"Bland..."- plain, boring. (Ex. Very optimistic people find bland colours boring most of the time.)

Hello guys! Sorry for short chapters, I don't want to go too fast. This will probably be the only chapter I publish because it took me over a month just to freaking revise it... There is probably something wrong with me.. I'm not sorry.

Now before you try to search my address so you can hit me with rocks and pieces of stone, that wasn't a cliffhanger. It was the end of the chapter. A cliffhanger would be if I ended it there and never bothered with it again.

So thanks for reading, I'm now going to start writing chapter two (because I really hate being hit with bats, rocks, swords, et cetera.)