Ch. 27 - '' Loosing was never even an option ''

Start from the beginning

A wave of wind blew, rising my pink hair that was in two ponytails in the air. That was when I heard the ninja yell: '' Begin! ''  

I instantly pulled the two fans from my back pocket, opened them and ran in the direction of Kaito. He raised his hand and formed a handseal. I knew what he was doing. He was able to bend the water by concentrating his chakra in it.  

I quickly dodged a wave of water that came from one direction, jumped in the air and threw one of my fans at him. To my disappointment he easily blocked it. He formed two other handseals and a giant wall of water suddenly rose from the ground. My eyes slightly widened and I landed on the ground again, looking at it.  

'' I have a bad feeling about this, '' I murmured to myself. And I was right. Because the wall of water formed in to a huge bubble thing on top of Kaito. Of course, he controlled it to fall right on me. I screamed with surprise, the next second the impact already threw me back. Then I got swallowed by waves, a second later I was already floating under water.  

Great, just great. He just had to turn the arena in to some kind of lake.  

I quickly focused my chakra and formed two handseals. The crowd that was watching the fight gasped with shock when I suddenly flew out of the water, holding to the stem of a giant rose. I took a deep breath and then stared down at Kaito that was calmly standing on water and looking at me with narrowed eyes.  

'' You thought that a simple technique like that was going to beat me?! Dude, I fought with S-ranked criminals while you were gone! '' I yelled, pointing at him. My mind warned me that Deidara almost killed me with one of his explosions but I just ignored that. '' You're never going to beat me, because I'm going to become as strong as a legendary Sannin! I'm Chiharu Haruno, yeah! ''  

Kaito suddenly began running on water in my direction. I jumped from the stem, holding my fan in the air. I had no idea where the other one ended up so I guessed that I was just going to use one. I spun in the air, swung my fan and yelled: '' Wind release! '' A wave of wind flew in Kaito's direction but he just raised his hand, forming a handseal again. A wave of water rose from the arena that now became a lake and quickly blocked it.  

I frowned and focused my chakra in my feet so I easily landed. I was staring at Kaito that was running closer and thinking about what should I do.  

'' Don't just stand there, do something! '' Kiba suddenly yelled from the audience.  

I turned at him and began waving with my hands through the air with anger. '' I'm thinking you idiot! You're the one that's distracting me from the f- '' I stopped when a wave of water suddenly hit my face, making me scream with pain and stagger back for a few steps back. I collapsed on my knees and coughed out some blood.  

Thanks a lot, Kiba. You're really a great friend. He was the one that distracted me from the fight. And now my nose was broken again. 

For the third time in the past few months. Hin Senri was the one that broke it for the first time. Then Takeshi for the second time when he was trying to train me and make my taijutsu skills better. '' You just had to aim for my nose?! '' I cried, holding it. Like this wasn't even a fight where we were supposed to do everything that it was possible to win.  

That was when the water around me started to move.  

'' Water lock, '' I heard Kaito murmur.  

The next second I was already trapped in a bubble of water. '' Crap, '' I cursed. Well, I tried to curse. The only thing that came out of my mouth were bubbles and now I was already running out of air. Perfect. And what did Kaito say about the Water lock once?