35- his name

this is what i see him looking like in this mini series HEHE he's so cute

***

the music blared and the room packed full of sweaty people in nice dresses made me claustrophobic. i quietly danced with my best friend Leah.

she had gotten married today to the love of her life, and i couldn't help but imagine when my day would come.

we shuffled back and fourth, laughing and talking about our lives, then a slow song came on from the DJ.

Leah and i got separated and she got pulled to her newlywed husband, leaving me alone.

"alright alright alright," the DJ yelled over the microphone. "it's time to slooow thinnngsss dooownnn," He said as the crowd around him chuckled.

i scanned the room and saw couples holding on to each other everywhere i looked.

"okay, if you're married or have a date to this wedding, grab them now and head out to the dance floor. if not, grab the person closest to you and get to know each other, how 'bout that," he said, turning the mic volume down and the music up.

i scanned the room, my heart thumping to the slow beat of the song.

out of nowhere, i feel a pair of large hands snake around my waist. i tilt my head back to see a handsome man, around 6'2, towering over me, with slightly curly brown hair and light brown caramel eyes.

"hi," i said, entranced in his gaze, as he grabbed my hand and twirled me around so i was facing him, our body's only millimeters apart.

he looked down at my face, his minty breath against my cheeks sending shivers down my spine.

he began to smile cheekily and he pulled me out to the dance floor, helping me to get in the slow dancing position. i rested my fingertips in the palm of his hand, slightly outstretched from his body.

he slipped his hand around my waist to the small of my back and pulled me closer as i rested my other hand over his shoulder.

he looked into my eyes for mere seconds before speaking.

"Shawn," he said, smiling.

"i'm Hannah," i said, shyly, smiling softly and turning my head, away from his enchanting stare.

he removed his hand from my waist and tilted my chin back to look at him. he whispered my name as he quietly smiled and looked into my eyes.

his eyes were mesmerizing. sure, they weren't striking green or bright blue, but something about his drew me in as i drowned in them.

i laid my head against his chest and i could hear his heart fluttering rapidly, causing me to giggle under my breath.

he rested his chin on the top of my head and i closed my eyes, taking in how surreal this moment was.

it only felt like 2 seconds when the DJ called for the bride and groom dance, and Shawn's hands slipped away from mine as he disappears into the crowd of people.

i watched Leah and her husband dance back and forth. i watched their eyes.

the way they looked at each other reminded me of Shawn. he looked at me like that, with passion and desperation. it made me wonder what he saw in me.

the song came to an end and the DJ grabbed his microphone and hopped off stage.

"okay, ladies, now it's time for the bouquet toss,"

ladies around the room squealed as the gathered into a huge mass behind the bride who was facing backwards.

i never believed in the bouquet toss, "who ever catches it will get married next." it didn't seem very logical to me, but i decided to participate.

"3, 2, 1, throw!" the DJ yelled as the flowers left Leah's hands.

if flew right above my head, plopping into my outstretched arms, taking me by surprise. you could hear a large "awe" spread over the crowd of desperate women standing in front of me.

"Hannah!" Leah yelled as she laughed and i laughed in return.

i scanned the room, everyone's eyes already drawn to something else, whether it be a person or the bride or the cake, but one set of eyes were still on me.

he showed a cheeky smile, letting his bright teeth shine at me. i took a piece of hair and tucked it behind my ear, looking down then back up at him again.

he began to walk towards the door, and soon left, leaving me wondering why he showed so much affection towards me, and why he said nothing but his name.

***

i like this one

hope you liked it to hannah much love

-lindsey