30- i was gone

i lay asleep in my bed as i heard the front door open, slamming back and hitting the wall behind it. i heard heavy footsteps and curse words mumbled under breath.

"Shawn?" i said, getting out of bed and lightly prancing to the door, a distraught Shawn standing in front of me.

"this can't be real, this isn't happening," i heard Shawn say, tear choked and in disbelief.

"Shawn what's wrong baby?" i said, coming up next to Shawn and laying my delicate hand on his bicep.

"what? who's there? who said that?" he said, swatting my hand off his arm and jumping back in fear.

"what? baby it's me," i said, cupping his face in my hands, but he winced and turned away.

"that's not you, that's my mind trying to trick me into thinking i haven't lost you yet. it's not you," he said, shaking and convulsing at my touch.

"it is me, why can't you see me?" i said, examining my pale hands then staring back up at Shawn.

"because you're not real, damnit!" he yelled, swiping all the contents of the kitchen counted on to the floor, paper flying and glass shattering everywhere. he brought this hands to his head and tugged at his hair, reality and fantasy dancing together in his mind.

"i don't understand," i said, walking towards him, but he walked away.

"you can't be, y/n. you're dead. you're not here anymore. now leave me alone, i need to accept it," he yelled through gritted teeth, his bloodshot eyes scanned the room for any sight of me, but he couldn't find my figure.

"no, no i didn't, i'm here. i can't be dead," i said, looking down at my hands. a soft wind blew at my fingertips, and they crumbled away away like grains of sand.

"you're gone," he said, rubbing his forehead, tears streaming down his face and on to the floor.

"no, no i'm not. i can't leave you like thi–" i said, but my mouth wisped away before i could finish. then my feet, legs, arms, torso, and soon, my entire body turned to dust and flew away with the wind, leaving shawn a crying mess at the table, his head throbbing and his hands shaking. i was gone.

***

oop this was kinda ok-ish

-lindsey