07- everything i want (2)

part 2 requested by SkatePlusShawn

***

Shawn's POV

y/n left me.

it has been 2 months of phone calls and letters and emails to try to find her, but i can't.

"ring, ring, ring,"

my phone in the kitchen rang and vibrated until i got up from the couch and walked over to the counter.

"hello?" i answered, hoping it was regarding y/n.

"yes, Shawn? this is mrs. y/l/n," she said back, and my heart skipped a beat.

i felt an odd sense of relief overcome me as i heard the sound of her mother's voice.

"hi mrs. y/n/n. do you know where y/n is? i'm worried sick. she told me about her condition and she wrote me a note and she just left. please, i need her,"

"i'm sorry, Shawn. she specifically told me she doesn't want to see you. she doesn't want to lay a burden on you and your career," she answered in a calm tone, but one that ripped my heart to shreds.

"you don't understand, mrs. y/l/n. she's my everything. i need her. please, tell me where she is," i said, a single tear beginning to slip from my eye, but soon being wiped away by my sweatshirt sleeve.

"i understand how much she means to you. i can tell by the way you treat her," she paused while i closed my eyes and took deep breaths to calm my nerves. "she's at the Oncology Center of Ontario, but you didn't hear it from me. take care hun." she said before hanging up, leaving me staring blankly at the wall.

i packed a backpack full of t-shirts and hoodies and jeans and flung it over my shoulder and dashed out to the car.

***

i arrived at the hospital about an hour later, and walked up to the front desk receptionist.

"hi, do you need to check in sir?" the small lady behind the desk asked me.

"i'm here to visit my girlfriend, y/n y/l/n," i said, re-adjusting my bag on my back.

"she's specifically requested not to see any visitors, i'm sorry," she said, turning her chair around so that the back was facing me.

i reached over the desk and grabbed the chair with a firm grip and turned it back towards me.

"you don't understand. please. i need to see her," I said through gritted teeth, angrily starring into the lady's eyes as she quickly printed out a visitors pass and handed it to me.

i dashed down the hallway, being careful not to get in the way of any other doctors or patients.

"room 56B, 56B." i said over and over quietly as i scanned the door signs for her room number.

soon enough, a door at the very end of the hallway read 56B and had y/n stuck on a sticky note to the wall beside it.

i slowly stepped inside and peaked around the curtain dividing the room, and saw y/n, so lifeless and pale, and in a deep sleep.

i rushed to the side of the bed and knelt down. i grabbed her small, fragile hand in mine and held it against my lips for minutes on end.

i sobbed into the bed sheets, not letting go of her cold fingertips. her eyes fluttered open and our eyes connected.

"Shawn? how did you find me? you need to leave," she said, turning away from me, both of us holding back tears.

"no baby. i'm not leaving and your aren't causing me any trouble whatsoever. why would you leave me like this?" i asked, my hands shaking and sweating. 

"you have your whole career ahead of you and so many people who love you and can give you more than i can. you don't need another problem to have to deal with," she said in a quiet tone, pulling her hand away from mine.

"baby, you aren't a problem, you're the love of my life. no matter what life throws at us, we can get through it, okay? stay strong. i'm going to be here with you the whole way through this," i said, leaning down and kissing her lightly on the forehead.

she took her thin arms and wrapped me in a tight hug and i could feel her tears seeping through my shirt. i lifted her chin so that our eyes were level with each other's.

"i love you princess, you're so strong."

***

part 2 yeet

100 days till i meet my main hoe hehe

lindsey