05- promise

*y/i- your initial*

***

i lay in bed half asleep and i hear my door creak open.

"sweetie, you awake? happy 18th birthday hun," my mom says as she comes over to my bedside.

i looked over a the clock which read 10:30, even late for me, especially on my birthday.

"hey mom. good morning," i say as i lazily  stand up out of bed with a large yawn as i stretched my arms up.

i love my birthday. all my relatives come over everything.

"we have a very... special gift for you," she hesitated.

my mind began to race as i thought of all the possibilities. i thought to myself what it could be and my heart started to race. knowing my parents though, it was probably going to be an ugly sweater that my grandma made for me, so i didn't set my expectations high.

"close your eyes hun and well lead you downstairs," my dad says as he grabs my shoulders and guides me to the stairs. i closed my eyes and trust him to not let me fall.

down the staircase we walk, every step getting more nervous as to what the present could be.

"okay hun, open you eyes!" My mother yells excitedly at me as i open my eyes to see a large box sitting in front of me.

i looked at my parents in confusion as they stared back at me. my mom nodded her head and gestured me towards the box in front of me. i walked closer to it and began gently pulling at its ribbon.

i began to pull off the wrapping paper and found that there was another cardboard box below it. my dad handed me scissors and i slowly cut away the tape overlapping the box's flaps.

i pulled open the flaps only to see something i would've never thought i would see. the oh so familiar caramel colored eyes staring into mine, the boy that i've been missing for months.

i backed away as i put my hands over my mouth, not even able to comprehend the emotions in my mind.

"hey babe," he says quietly and contently, holding his arms open wide for me.

i jumped into his arms and wrapped my small arms around his torso, burying my head into his chest. the smell of his familiar cologne made my heart skip a beat, and made me realize that i wasn't dreaming.

"S-Shawn, you're here," I managed to speak between the convulsions of my breath.

"of course i'm here, do you think i'd leave my favorite girl in the world alone on her birthday? i'm here, and i'm not leaving any time soon, it's okay," his soothing voice was one that calmed my nerves and made my heart melt. he drew small circles on my back with his thumbs as i held him tight. i glanced over at my mom and dad, who were crying as well.

"come here g-guys," i motioned my hands for them to come towards me and i wrapped them in a tight hug. "thank you so much," i whispered i my moms ear.

"anything for our baby girl." she whispered back.

"let's open some more presents," Shawn exclaimed. he took a small box out of his pocket and handed it to me.

to y/n
from Shawn

i opened up the box to see a necklace with the letters "S & Y/I" engraved on the front

he grabbed my hands and held them in his big palms.

"i got his necklace for you so you will always know that i'm with you and will never leave you. i promise to always love you. i promise that i will stand by you. i promise i will love you until we're 100 and maybe even longer." he paused to wipe away a tear that was making its way down my face. "i promise to give every part of me to you. i promise my life to you. i promise myself to you." he says to me with his soft, angelic voice caressing my cheeks with every breath he takes.

"i love you Shawn, i promise myself to you." i whisper back, with my voice seeming to have disappeared and been replaced my sniffles and shaky breaths.

he grabbed my cheeks with his large hands and pressed his lips against mine.

we pulled away and he rested his forehead against mine and whispered in my ear, "it's so good to be back."

***

edit- THIS IS ACTUAL TRASH IM CRINGING

lindsey