Chapter Fourteen

Soo's POV

I lost my dad when I was young. He was shot and stabbed by someone we never knew.

Flashback

We were both playing the piano. He was sitting beside me. "Soo, what would you want to be when you grow up?" my dad asked.

"Me? Maybe a musician! I want to be like Mozart or Liszt! Then, I will buy all the cars and instruments in the world!"I said, cheekily. He gave me a pat on my head as I giggle.

"What do you want me to be like, Dad?" was my question.

"Me? I want nothing else for my son but to be happy, marry the one he loves without anything holding him back, and live his life the way he wants to." he said. He stopped playing with me as he cupped my cheek.

"Listen, Soo. It does not matter how far you go, how many cars you bought, how many miles you drove, how many ladies you had, how much wealth you obtained.. They're all just things. They can be broken." he paused. "I just want you to be happy. I don't want you to be materialistic. I want you to enjoy your life the way it is to you. Accept challenges, learn to face your fears. Accept faults, no hatred towards anybody. Hard work. With those, you'll become successful." he smiles.

I was taken aback with his words. As a child, I tried to understand what he meant. As a child, I didn't know what life is yet. I didn't care. I didn't know anything such as grief and sorrow. But all of those changed when the night I saw my dad's body on the floor of his office, and his blood scattered everywhere.

End of Flashback

"What ?" There's no such thing she's the one who murdered my father.

She only looked away. "I shouldn't have said that. I apologize for my straightforwardness." she bowed.

"Thank you for this day. I'll take my leave." she said.

At that moment, I couldn't figure out what the feeling in my chest felt. I did not know if she said the truth. Who could possibly just straight outta confess her crime in front of her victim's child? Who is she kidding? How did she know that my dad was killed?

Was she really the murderer? What does she know about my dad? What does she know?

Third Person's POV

"F-Faster... C-Chanyeol-ssi--" Haeun's moan echoed throughout the room. Sending chills down to Chanyeol's spine.

"Shh. You're too loud..."

"A-Ahh.... I-I can't hold on anymore.." she bit her lower lip, blushing madly.

Chanyeol's finger traced on the lady's back as he leaned a bit closer.

"C-Chanyeol-ssi!---"

No, readers. They are not doing anything inappropriate.

"Stop making weird sounds! Tch. How the hell can you not do this underbust corset thing to yourself?" He sighed heavily. Haeun pouted her lips "I never wore anything like this before.. And why should I even wear this anyway? Besides, who of this generation still wear this kind of thing? I could just wear a simple dress!" she defended.

"It's part of the dress's design, FYI. Now get a hold of it." he finished tying the lace. "Thanks... Ugh.. This is too tight..." she muttered.

"Complaining?"
"Hell ye--No, sir.."
"Good."

-

It was a formal ball that consists mostly of western guests.

The announcer went up to the stage. "As all of you may now, you are all invited to this formal gathering for Mr. Park Chanyeol has something to announce.." and so did Chanyeol took the microphone a moment later.

"I have invited all of you here to officially inform you.. That I hold this ball as my engagement party with my girlfriend, Kim Haeun." he said and he made Haeun come up to the stage and face the crowd.

'D-Damn it! Everyone's looking at me!' as usual, she panicked inside but remained a quite calm yet uncomfortable composure.

"Say hi to them, would 'ya." he whispered on her ear.

She only smiled, "A-Annyeo--"

"English." he whispered, away from the mic.

"H-Hello..."

The crowd murmured something like

"What is she?"
"From which company?"
"Who are her parents?"
"She's not beautiful and classy looking at all."
"What is she even capable of?"

and whatsoever.

Biting her lip, she managed to speak again.

"Good evening, everyone." and faked her smile.

Chanyeol stared at her but looked away moments later.

"Enjoy your night, everyone." he said and held Haeun's hand, pulling her with him and went back to their table with Mr. and Mrs. Park and with the other important business partners.

"S-Sorry..." Haeun apologized to Chanyeol.
"You should not be. I don't really care." he said.

"S-Still.."

"Don't mind. It's okay."

"Are you sure you're not mad?"

"I am not."

Haeun bit her lip gently.

"Still... Sorry--" Chanyeol cut her out. "You're starting to annoy me again. Just shut up and do what I tell you to do."

Haeun looked down, embarrassed, sad, and felt like she's the worst. Chanyeol noticed this and guilt started to crawl in his skin. Sighing, he held her wrist and pulled him with her somewhere.

"W-Where are we going?" she asked but he didn't respond.

"We're here." he brought her to the rooftop where they could gaze at the beautiful night sky crowded with dazzling shining stars. Haeun gaped in awe, "W-Wow...". Chanyeol then glanced at her and found her expression mesmerizing. Realizing he's already staring at his fake girlfriend for too long, he looked away with a pounding heart.

'What is this feeling.. I'm sure I have felt this way before.. No.. This time, it feels so much heavier and... nice.' Chanyeol thought.

"Did you bring me here to lighten up my mood?" Haeun asked, smiling. "Why should I lighten up your mood? I don't even care about you." although harsh, his flustered face is saying otherwise.

'Can it be... or can't it be? No, I can't fall for someone like him. There's zero chances he'll like me back.'

"Thank you, Chanyeol-ssi.." she grinned cheekily, catching Chanyeol's attention effortlessly. He noticed she was a bit freezing because of the cool wind, he took his leather jacket off and placed it on her shoulders.

"And I thought you don't care for me?" Haeun smirked.

"I do not. But I care Mom and Dad's view of me as a man. I do not want to disappoint them." he said.
"But what we are doing.. Pretending to be in a relationship, if your parents know the truth, that is like disappointing them, too, right?" she said.

"Whatever. Just shut up." he flicked her nose. 

"A-Aw--" Chanyeol chuckled gently and they went back home after that.

"Haeun. We're here." Chanyeol looked at Haeun who's sitting and sleeping comfortably on the front seat of the car.
"Haeun." he tried to wake her. Knowing it's futile, he unbuckled her seatbelt, and carried her out of the car bridal style, and brought her to her room. Laying her down softly and gently on the bed, he turned around to leave when suddenly a hand grabbed his wrist. He looked back at her to see her eyes not even open, purring, "Kiss meeeeee."

His almost wanted to laugh but shook it off, and decided to do it anyway.

Leaning down, he stared at her sleep talking face. Chuckling softly, he pressed his lips on her forehead, stood up, and turned to leave.

"What a day." a smile formed across his face as he left her room, satisfied.

--

to be continued.

vote.comment.

vote goal: 20

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Did you like the new book cover? :3