Mariah giggled. "I dare you to say that in an interview."

Michael shook his head. "I couldn't, people would be offended."

The video ended abruptly, and Michael remembered the deep conversation they had afterwards about the tabloids. It was a Catch 22, the tabloids were the ones that reported on his music and performances, but they also liked to twist his words and make salacious comments about him.

He picked up the phone and dialed Mariah's number.

"Hello?"

"Hey baby, you busy?" He asked.

Mariah cleared her throat. "No, not really. I was just getting ready to go out later."

"Oh, where are you going? Out with Janet?" He asked.

"No, there's a party. Puff Daddy's throwing it and my friend Brat, remember her? Well, she's going and she invited me to go so I said I would." She explained.

He looked at the clock. It was almost eleven pm in Zaragoza where he was. "What time is it there?"

"It's two forty-five. I wasn't going to leave until seven or eight." She said. "What time is it there?"

"Almost midnight." He sighed. "I wish you were here. I can't sleep without you."

"I miss you too. I can't wait until all of this stuff is done so I can go back on tour with you." She agreed. "This distance is too much."

He chuckled. "Well, when you do come on tour with me you'll be Mrs. Jackson."

"Mariah Carey-Jackson. Speaking of which, I called Morgan and talked to him. He was pretty happy." 

He decided to broach a more delicate subject. "Have you talked to your mom yet?"

"I have not. I'm still not sure if I want her there to be quite honest with you." She muttered. "She can go kick rocks."

"Mariah..."

"No, Michael!" She snapped. "That woman might've given birth to me, but she's never been a mother to me. She's never protected me, even when I was a kid, and then she sold me to the highest bidder."

Mariah had never spoken to him about her childhood at length. For her to mention her childhood told him that the break with her mother was much deeper and was probably inevitable whether her mother had sided with Tommy or not.

"What happened when you were a child?" He inquired.

There was a long pause. "Don't worry about it, Mike."

There was a finality in her tone that he had never heard from her. Whatever had happened would probably never be discussed between them, but that didn't stop him from wondering.

"Well, it's getting late. I should probably be trying to get to bed. Before I go though, you have to promise me something."

"What?"

"You have to talk to your mom and tell her you're getting married. I'm not saying you have to invite her or anything, I just feel like it would be wrong for you to let her find out through the media." He said.

She huffed. "Fine. I'll talk to her."

"That's all I ask. I love you."

"I love you too Mike." She made a kissing noise into the phone. "Call me before you get on stage."

"I will. Have fun tonight, good night."

"Good night." He hung up the phone, feeling more relaxed now that he had talked to Mariah. However, he had more questions about Mariah's past and what she had experienced.

Well I suck at describing dresses so here's pictures.

Janet's pick:

Janet's pick:

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Latoya's Pick:

Rebbie's Pick:

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Rebbie's Pick:

Which dress shall Mariah choose? Which sister-in-law knows her best?

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Which dress shall Mariah choose? Which sister-in-law knows her best?

Shout out to: AmethystHazelEyes, darinock 1996, NicsLilSis, DestinyGravely17, ilovejanetj, and CoreyMiddlebrook Jr for voting/commenting on chapter 6.