Chapter 81

February 5th, 1999

Michael was in the studio and his good friend Frank Cascio decided to tag along. He would be graduating from high school in a few months, and Michael figured he’d put on his big brother pants to help him figure things out.

“So have you thought at all about what you're gonna do after graduation?” Michael asked.

Frank grimaced. “Not really.”

“No college?” Michael prompted.

Frank laughed. “Yeah right. Have you seen my grades?”

Michael chuckled. “Good point.”

“Hopefully I can get a job at a factory or something after we graduate. I sent in a couple applications.” Frank said.

Michael frowned. “Is that what you want?”

Frank sighed, playing with a few dials on the soundboard. “Not really, but I don't have that many options. I'm not smart enough for college and-”

“But there's gotta be something else. What do you want to do?” Michael pressed, folding his arms.

Frank closed his eyes in thought before opening them again with a sigh. “I have no clue.”

Michael was quiet for a moment. He knew Frank would make a great employee anywhere he went, but it would be hard for him to find a good job without experience.

Oh shit-

“Frank?”

Frank looked up from the floor.

Michael smirked. “How would you like to work for me?”

“What?” Frank exclaimed.

Michael nodded. “Vicki's leaving soon so I'll need a new assistant. Would you be interested?”

Frank nodded eagerly. “Duh!”

Michael grinned.

“Alright, I'll have you meet with Vicki on Monday.”

February 9th, 1999

Michael walked into the master bedroom just as Mariah was coming out of the bathroom.

“Still throwing up?”

Mariah nodded as she crawled into the bed. “I think I got the stomach flu or something.”

Michael crossed the room and placed a hand on her forehead. “You don't feel warm or anything.”

“I feel horrible.” She whined. “And I can't keep anything down today.”

He stroked her hair to comfort her. “Do you want some soup? You gotta eat something.”

She shook her head pitifully. “I’d really just like to relax right now.”

Mariah sat up on the bed to make room for Michael. He sat next to her, and grabbed her tenderly by the shoulders.

She sniffled. “Ugh, I just- I’m so fucking tired.”

He didn’t respond--preferring to listen to her worries instead of questioning her.

“Alison’s pressing me about this damn wedding--I don’t wanna do any of that.” Mariah explained.

“No, no, no, none of that. You don’t need to be stressing out. She needs to stop depending on you for her bullshit.” He said.

Mariah sighed. “I can’t just let her-”

Remember the Timeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें