Ch:32-Little Acceptances

Start from the beginning

"Anything else?" I asked gritting my teeth.

"Oh no. That will be just fine." She said in her mean tone keeping her one hand on her waist. Abrar didn't look up this time, he focused on the screen in front of him." I felt my heart breaking when I looked at him. Why was he acting like a deaf? Couldn't he see the way she was talking to me? I slowly turned and shut the door behind me.

By the time I went to the kitchen, everyone was already on the dinning table. Abrar usually had toast and butter for his breakfast but I thought of making something special for him. He was in a bad condition, though he acted like he was fine. I had to take care of him. I just couldn't bring myself to hate him anymore for some reason.

I thought of making him English breakfast, that I am best at. I could make the best muffins in the world, according to me and some of my friends. I felt so relaxed when making the muffins, I loved making deserts. It relaxes me to the core.

In half an hour, I was done with setting up the breakfast in the trolley. I stood outside the door, as the servant got the trolley inside. I didn't have patience anymore to deal with her. I just hoped that, she didn't ate the muffins, that I made for him.

After the servant came out, I went to my room too. After sitting in silence, I realised that I had work today. Should I ask him wether I should go or no? Off course I know his answer, if he can he will land me to my work place immediately.

His medicines! Is what came to my mind suddenly but where was the nurse? I didn't see her from the morning. I went to mom instantly to ask her.

After I went to her, I found her busy talking to someone on the phone. As I heard for a while the one sided conversation, I realised it was Abrar's sister, Zarin who she was talking to.

"See in the evening then." She said to her and cut the phone.

"Sadia, Zarin with her husband and family is coming today in the evening to see Abrar. We have to do all the preparations."

"That's nice mom." I said with a smile. "We need to decide what we will cook for dinner."

"Yes. We need to and you make some nice delicious deserts. Zarin likes sweet a lot."

"Off course mom. I will."

"I will prepare some of her husband's favourite dishes. Come lets go to the kitchen."

"Yes. Mom I wanted to ask you where Abrar's nurse was. I didn't see her from the morning."

"No. I didn't see her too."

"Oh okay mom. I will just give Abrar his medicine and come to the kitchen."

"Okay."

I went to our room and then looked for the box of medicine that was prescribed for Abrar. After not finding it there, I directly went to the study.

"You didn't go to your office." The first thing that Abrar said, as he saw me. I sighed a breath of relief, seeing the nurse handing him the medicine.

"No. Zarin is coming with her in laws in the evening."

"Why?" He interrupted frowning before I could say anything else.

"To see you."

"Don't they have anything else to do. Am I dead that they have to see me?"

"Abrar?! How can you talk like that?" I felt my eyes almost tearing up. I bit my lip to control my almost cry, that was going to escape from me. He was continuously staring at me on top of that. His eyes glowed with anger and mine with disappointment. I was about to leave, but stopped as I saw his left hand raising from the corner of my eyes. His elbow was pressed on the chairs arm, and he had a painful expression on his face.