Ch:8- Panchini (Engagement)

I have attached the picture of Abrar's and Sadia's attire on top.

Enjoy.

When I entered home, I saw my house being polished and decorated with fresh flowers. A dozen people were assigned to do different jobs. They were all wearing uniform labeled, "The wedding blowers." on it. Then I saw dad coming towards me with a guy accompanying him. Dad introduced me to the guy at my wedding planner.

"Sadia, meet your wedding planner Ayan Khan." I looked at him and smiled at him. He was very gorgeous and quite young, most probably around my age. His hair was pulled back with gel and with his smile on his face, he looked like a real charmer. He was wearing a black coat and looked quite tall.

"So this is our bride. Sir you didn't have to assign us as the bride was more than enough to blow everyone's mind. You are so beautiful, lady." He bowed and extended his hand to me. Dad growled at him.

"Ayan you don't know the person she is getting married to, it is better if you keep a distance from my daughter. Trust me I am telling you this for your own good." They both smirked at each other and then dad left me with him.

"Darling, as you know tomorrow, is your engagement and we will do a small photoshoot before the function starts, make sure you get ready before the guests arrive, okay? The guests will be arriving at 12'o clock and I want you before that."

"Hmm." I nodded.

"Our bride seems upset. Fought with our groom? It happens darling, I heard love deepens with fights." He winked at me.

"How can people know my answers without me even telling them? Is it plastered on my face?"
I said it out too loud, while I thought I was only thinking it.

"It's all in your eyes darling. You have such an innocent heart, it reflects in your eyes."

Then I saw mom coming towards me in a hurry and for a few seconds, she was also dragging me with her.

"We are going to the salon. I have somehow managed to make an appointment in the salon, at such short notice. We should go quickly. You know right how difficult it is to get an appointment there, you have to make your booking from one month before. Let's go."

The next moment we were in the car and then in the salon. Mom told them to do my everything manicure, pedicure, waxing, massage, facial, and everything available in the salon.

Their torture then kept on going for hours. From afternoon to evening till night. My stomach was now growling with hunger and somewhere I felt I deserved all these. I felt guilty telling Abrar those words. There was no way, I was being able to justify my actions. Without knowing or listening to anything how could I have judged a person? I needed to apologize to him. He shouldn't get angry, which he was, for my father's life depended on his investment. I knew I should rectify my mistake as soon as possible.

After I left the salon, I went home, took my dinner, and directly went to my bed. My body and mind both were extremely tired. I was drowned into a deep sleep the moment I laid in.

In the morning, I was woken up by my mom. I felt my sleep wasn't complete yet, as I still couldn't find any strength in my body.

"Sadia did you see what time it is? Your in-laws are coming within three hours."

Suddenly I felt fear drool over me. My arranged marriage was on its way that I have been scared of all my life.

"Sadia will you get up or not?" Mom screamed again. I got up without thinking anymore and got into the shower.

After I came out I was immediately handed a dress of almost 5kg in my hand by my mom. I thought it was heavier than me as I could not even hold it properly. Mom then removed the scarf of the dress and the load lightened a bit. It had huge palazzos worked with stones all over. The dress was just a few inches below knee length and was also worked with the same design as on palazzos though it had a dark pink velvet border at the bottom of it. It was of a white stone color with light pink embellishments in a few places.