Chapter Eight

Three weeks passed since Normani let Zayn go. Three weeks and nothing at all happened – No attacks, no nightmares. I was in fact starting to believe that Normani was right and Zayn wasn't actually going to say anything about me to the League. After the first week My wounds finally started to heal and I was back on my feet again. Lauren spent a lot of time over at the apartment taking care of me, even though I protested against it, saying I could take care of myself and that she probably had more important things to do. I tried my best not to stay mad at Normani. I knew she cared for Zayn and I also knew she cared for me. Dinah was acting strange, though. She was worried about something and I could feel it. I confronted her about it one day and she broke down saying she couldn't stand the thought of losing her best friend again. I felt bad for her, and I knew this was all my fault, that maybe if I hadn't been so selfish when I left the league people wouldn't end up hurt and always apprehensive.

On the second week, I decided to make my times with Lauren as joyful as possible. I took her out on multiple occasions – On Tuesday we went to the movies, watched a romance movie called "Me Before You", in which Lauren made sure to watch my face closely as I paid attention to the screen, because she wanted to see me crying. The next day, I waited for her outside her last class of the day, not missing the way her hands immediately locked with mine once she noticed a girl that was leaving the same building staring at me. I tried my best to not say anything, but the tiny smirk on my face gave me up and I had to say "You're cute when you're jealous." Of course she answered with a "I'm not jealous, I just don't like the way that Hailee girl looked at you." I laughed at her answer, earning a sharp slap on my arm, that didn't really hurt, but I still groaned to make the green eyed girl happy. On Friday, I took her to the park, and we had a nice picnic under the moonlight, and that was probably as romantic as I could get.

"Did you do this all by yourself?" She asked as she walked through the candles placed all over the grass, with a picnic with food all over a big towel.

"I had some help. Ally helped me with the spaghetti and the cake, Dinah and Mani settled the place." I smiled. Lauren pulled me closer to her by my hand and kissed my lips softly, before hugging me tightly.

"Nobody has ever done something like this for me."

"That was exactly what I was hoping to achieve." I said, looking into her eyes. "You deserve nothing but the best. This is just a way of saying... Thank you, for staying around even before I almost got you killed."

Lauren shook her head and cupped my cheek. "None of this is your fault." I was about to protest but she shushed me, placing her pointer finger to my mouth. "Don't start with the guilty trip now. You deserve to be happy, Camila. Get over it and let's eat that delicious spaghetti, please." She said and pecked my lips, smiling when I nodded and followed her, sitting on the towel.

We stayed there for the whole night. That is, until Dinah decided to call us and tell us to get out of there so they can clean up and go home because I didn't pay her enough. We talked about anything and everything, we ate the spaghetti and vanilla cake Ally prepared to us, made out and stargazed. I drove Lauren back to her place on my bike, and walked her up to her apartment. "Tonight was... I can't even find the words to describe how perfect it was." She pecked my lips softly, smiling against my lips. The kiss soon started to heat up when I bit on her bottom lip and interlaced our tongues. She pulled back a few moments later, panting, wrapping her arms around my waist. "Do you want to come in?" I only nodded, leaning in to kiss her again.

We walked inside the apartment, not breaking the kiss, and I kicked the door behind me closed. I removed my jacked and let it fall to the ground before wrapping my arms around her neck as she pressed me against the door and trailed kisses down to my neck. "Laur." I breathed out as I felt her lips sucking on my pulsing point. She smirked against my skin and continued to suck and nibble on my neck as her hands trailed up my torso, pulling my shirt up. She pulled back and I nodded at her when she asked permission to take my shirt off. I watched as her eyes trailed from my toned stomach to the many scars across my body, before taking my hand and pulling me towards her bedroom.