Chapter Five

It's been officially a month since I got to New Carthage. A month since I reunited with my childhood best friend and since first met Lauren. We spent a lot of time together but I haven't got the courage to ask her on a date yet. Thinking about the green eyed girl not only makes my anxiety rates go up but also makes my protective senses worry for her safety. Since I had that "nightmare" at her place, I can't help but think about it now and then. The images started to haunt me often during my sleep, so I decided it was better to not sleep at all. I started to meditate at night every day for at least six hours. Meditating can be as relaxing and as refreshing as sleeping, but reach that point of peace isn't as easy as falling asleep. Lauren, of course noticed it, Normani and Dinah did as well, and even Ally asked me if I was getting enough sleep once.

"You didn't hear a single thing I just said, did you?" Dinah's voice pulled me out of my thoughts.

"S-Sorry. I'm just a little tired." I said and the Polynesian sighed, and I shook my head before she could ask me something. "So Marco took you to that Italian restaurant and..."

"Okay, I'm not gonna repeat it again so pay attention this time." I nodded, fighting against closing my eyelids. "He took me there and he paid for everything, then he took me to take a walk on the park, it was so romantic... And then we... Mila!"

I felt a pillow hit me hard on the face, making me sit up straight with my eyes widened. "What was that for?" I yelled, taken by surprise.

"You weren't paying attention, chancho! That's it, you're gonna tell me right now what the fuck is wrong with you and no more excuses. I want to help." Dinah said in a serious tone that made me realize there was no escaping this time.

I sighed and leaned back against the couch in our now shared apartment. "Fine." I breathed out. "I have been having some kind of... nightmares lately."

"Nightmares? Are they about..." 

"No, they're not about Tori... Not exactly. I mean she is there sometimes, but... It's not her, it can't be." I shook my head at the thought of her appearances on my dreams. 

"Well, it's just a nightmare, it's not like it's gonna show coherent stuff, right?" The frown on my face made Dinah's body stiffen. "Unless you don't think it's just a nightmare?"

I ran my fingers through my hair and sighed. "I don't know... It just felt too real to be just a dream."

"Well, if they're not about Tori, what are they about?" Dinah asked.

"Lauren." I said and, even though we were having a serious conversation, the girl beside me smirked. "And Ra's Al Ghul. Sometimes Tori's there as well. But... Mostly Lauren. In those nightmares, Ra's kills her. And as much as I try to convince myself it's just a dream, I can't help but worry."

Dinah looked at me confused. "But if they're not just dreams, what could it be? It's not like you're psychic or something." She shook her head. "Wait you're not psychic, are you?"

"No, I'm not psychic, Dinah. Back at the citadel, there was a sorcerer. He worked for Ra's but he used to help the warriors to 'seek their path' and he also taught sorcery for the gifted. He used to give us what he called 'the light' one night before our missions so we could have a glimpse of what we were going to face and what could happen... But I didn't..." I shook my head. "It's not even possible." I whispered to myself.

"I know I said I wanted to help but I'm so confused right now." Dinah said and I turned my attention to her.

"You know what, forget it, it's not possible. I'm getting too paranoid." I said, leaning my head on Dinah's shoulder.