Chapter Eighteen-Calm Down Kitty

Chapter Eighteen- Calm Down Kitty

I raised my head up to look out the back shattered window. The black SUV began to smoke. A black fog rolling from under the hood. Suddenly, the vehicle exploded up in flames.

"Holy shit!" I gawked at the damage I had done.

"You might want to put the gun away." Ryan looked at me through the rearview mirror.

I gulped, quickly placing the gun into it's secret hiding spot. I climbed over the divider and sat back in the passenger seat.

"Didn't think you had it in you." Ryan grinned, mockingly.

I would make a rude comment back to him, but I was still recovering from my blood pulsing inside me.

"I can't believe I just did that!" I whispered, my voice coming out in a breathless gasp.

"You did good." He nodded.

"Is that what it's like for you?" I asked, excited.

He chuckled, "Sometimes."

"I want to do something crazy." I laughed.

"Something crazy?" He looks at me then back at the road.

I nod quickly, "Let's go stop the bad guys!"

He let out a full on laugh, "Calm down Kitty. We have to get to our destination first."

I smiled, blushing. Wait, I'm blushing? I never blush!

"Okay." I replied.

We feel silent, and I reeled in my fast pulse. I could hear my heart beat beating in my ears. Suddenly, the car began to make a spurting noise.

"Damn it." Ryan cursed under his breathe.

"What's going on?" I frown.

"Were loosing fuel and power," He growled.

I looked behind us, paranoid that we were being followed again.

"They must have hit our gas tank," He explained angry.

I stayed quiet not sure what to say. I know about cars but I wasn't going to be a bitch and make a snide comment. He looked around in front of us, coming to a small street. Houses filled both sides, some looking more run down then the others. We came to a stop next to the sidewalk.

He crawled out, and slammed the door. He stomped his feet on the ground like a child throwing a tantrum. I decided to get out of the car and see the damage myself. When I got to the back of the car, I couldn't believe my eyes. Bullet holes were everywhere, covering the trunk, and the tires were loosing air. The gas tank was spilling out more fuel then I could believe. The smell assaulted my nostrils, burning my senses.

"How the hell am I going to fix this?" He ran his hands threw his hair.

I looked at him, oddly feeling satisfied with his anger.

"Don't you have money?" I asked, sounding like the answer was obvious.

He glared at me, "This will take months to fix."

I rolled my eyes, "You can buy a new car I'm sure."

He looked at me, a wild look in his eyes. "Buy a new car?"

He sounded like I just suggested he burn the car.

"I can't just buy a new car!" He remarked.

"Then what do you suggest we do?" I snapped back, "Sit here all night?"

He growled in frustration. I stood silently waiting on his next words. He looked around looking for something. When he found whatever he was looking for he kept glancing between his trashed car and down the road.

"Come on." He sighed in defeat.

"Where are we going?" I asked, following behind him.

"Were going to get a room and hope I can get my car fixed." He replied coldly.

He going to be a baby over his car for the rest of the night, I just know it. However I would to it's a nice car. Well was a nice car, now it's just a pile of scrap metal. He locked the car doors and made sure the trunk was secured as well.