Chapter Five- Blood Drunk

Chapter Five

Unedited

I needed to run. Run run run. My mind circling around me. My heart pumped the redness.

Blood.

That's what scares me. It runs inside me, but I remember when his blood covering me. I needed the cool breeze to brush against my skin. My hair wildly blowing in the air. Run. Run away from my past, my fears, and the taunting memory.

I ran till I thought my lungs would stop taking air. My heart pounded against my chest, a small ache taking form. I felt a little light headed, feeling the need to stop.

I've been feeling a little like myself. Like the way I was before the tragic accident. I've spending time with Laila and Brandon and little Bella too. Brandon was taking some time off from training the new recruits and the army scene.

I felt horrible for ruining Laila's and Brandon's life with my illness, as the doctors would say. I haven't had flash backs in three weeks since my second week at Laila's.

"Cat?" A feminine voice asked in front of me.

I raised up from being bent over gasping for air.

"Kathy." I smiled.

She have me a warm smile, "Hey."

"Hey." I hugged her awkwardly.

"I was going to come over tonight before I had to go to work." She replied.

I nodded acknowledging her words.

"What have you been doing?" She asked, searching for something in my eyes.

"I've been...," I paused before whispering "avoiding things."

"Hey you know you don't have to avoid me anymore! I'm right here!" She joked.

I chuckled, "I've been meaning to call. I just..." I left the words unfinished.

"I know." She answered.

"You still work at the bar?" I asked changing the subject.

"Yeah. I actually got promoted to manager." She grinned.

"That's great Kathy."

"Would you like to come down for a little while?" She looked hopeful.

"I don't know." I shrugged frowning, "I'm not supposed to drink."

"It would be nice for us to relive old times." She encouraged, "Be a little normality for you. We don't have to drink."

"I'll talk to Laila." I mumbled.

"Okay." She smiled. "We will get drunk on our friendship."

I nodded silently unsure if I really wanted to go to that...place. The place held memories of...I refused to let myself think to far ahead.

"I don't know if I can." I replied looking down at my shoes.

"We don't have to go there." She have a sad smile "We can stay at Laila's at talk."

I didn't response because I didn't know what to say. Laila would push me to go out. I don't think I was ready for that step yet. Not so soon after i see him around every corner.

"I better get going. Laila will start getting worried and probably call a party search." I mumbled.

"Okay. I'll see you later." She pulled her purse up on her shoulder more.