Chapter Four- The Heart Cry's Too

Unedited

Chapter Four - The Hearts Cry's Too

"Brandon." I smiled.

"Catalina." He enclosed his arms around me in a hug.

"Auntie!" Bella yelled running towards me.

I froze at the sight of her in her silky long dress.

Red.

My hands began to shake, and the itching was back.

Red.

Sweat formed on my forehead, rolling down my face. My eyes wide as a scared deer.

Blood.

The image of the blood on my arms smacked my mind. My heart began to thump harshly in my chest.

Red. Bloody red.

I started to cry and take many steps backwards, away from Bella. Away from the red that she wore.

Red as red. Red as the blood that came from Roberts head.

"Catalina?" Brandon whispered.

I couldn't speak, all I could do is see the red blood covering me again. Roberts lifeless body in my arms with blood drenching us.

So much blood.

"Bella get to your room and change." Laila stepped in front of Bella, shielding her tiny form.

I remember screaming for Robert not to leave me.

"Mommy why is auntie crying?" I could hear the frown in her voice.

I remember the table set for a romantic dinner. Candles burning with the passion we held for one another.

"She's just happy Bells. Now go on, get to your room and change." Laila said as she bent down.

The smell of death mixed with the cinnamon flavor. The apple pie steaming with freshness.

"She doesn't look happy she looks sick." Bella peeked over Laila's shoulder.

I still can hear someone saying I was loosing it.

"Bella do as mommy says and get to your room." Brandon said.

I recall the police pulling me away from my dead husbands body.

Bella didn't say anything further. She left the room and went to hers upstairs. I began to weep, crying my heart out. I sunk to my knees and let it all out since I've held it in since that night. I was scratching my arms again, making them a tender pink.

I felt Brandon and Laila lower themselves down next to me. Laila took my hands in her hold, preventing me from making the itching go away.

"Catalina?" She mumbled.

I just cried and cried, ignoring her.

"Cat?" Laila said broken.

I looked up at her with teary eyes. That was the firsts time she has ever called me Cat.

"It's going to be okay." She whispered.

Laila had began to cry with me.

"Why Laila? Why him?" I hiccuped, struggling to breathe properly.

I was gasping and panting to gain air in my lungs.

"I don't know Cat." She answered.

"They will find who did this." Brandon said filled with positivity, "And that bastard will die."

"They won't kill whoever done this they will only send them to prison." I replied a snorting sob coming from my throat.

"Listen to me," He gently pulled my face to look at him. "That killer, son of a bitch will pay."

"Promise?" I whispered.

"I give you my word." Brandon hugged me.

Vote!

VOTEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

Comment!

Vote!

SHARE!