Chapter Seventeen- Gun Shots

"So where are we going? Back to your place?" I asked after I calmed down.

It has been fifteen minutes since we left my sisters house.

"Buckle your seat belt." Ryan ordered suddenly.

I frowned, "What?"

"We're being followed, buckle your damn seatbelt." Ryan growled.

I quickly did as told and clicked the belt in. Fear rippling up my spin.

"How do you know we're being followed?" I asked, panicked.

"Watch the sideview mirror." He spoke.

My eyes instantly went to the mirror. Our car swerved to take a turn to the right, almost not making it. Other cars blared their horn and then I saw it. A black SUV speeding behind us. Ryan pushed the gas petal closer to the floor. Our speed increasing by ten folds.

"What are we going to do?" My eyes wide.

My lips trembled, my eyes wide.

"Get in the glove department in front of you. There is a pistol, load it with the clip sitting beside it." Ryan ordered, looking in the rearview mirror.

"Why the hell do you have a gun in the glove department?!" I yelled.

"I work for the F.B.I remember?" He said sarcastically.

I seen the vehicle beside us, swerve. A gun bullet shattering their back windshield.

"Yeah about that, aren't you supposed to have your buddies following us as well?" My voice trembled.

"Kitty we don't have time for this." Ryan snapped.

With shaky hands I opened the department and loaded the gun.

"Keep it pointed down at the floor. I don't need you shooting one of us." Ryan instructed, taking another quick turn. "Or better yet, my car."

The SUV followed us, right on our trail. I seen a man with black sunglasses and tousled brown hair leaning out the passenger window.

"I know how to use a damn gun!" I fumed.

He smirked, "Alright then, shoot the front tires of the SUV."

"I can't just shoot their tires!" I yelled, panicked. "What if I shot someone else? Or they shoot me?"

"Then keep the gun down." Ryan replied.

"Can't you call for back up?" I asked, pleading.

Ryan looked at me, completely taking his eyes off the road. "It's only you and me Kitty. I don't need back up."

"Get your head out of your arrogant ass and call for help!" My face red.

"How well can you drive?" Ryan set his eyes back on the road.

"What does my driving have to do with anything?" I yelled, frightened.

Ryan rolled his eyes, dodging the cars on the highway. "I'll take that as a no. Better hope your aim is better then your driving."

I was almost in tears and ready to yell at Ryan more until our back windshield exploded into a million pieces. I instantly dunked down, sinking more into the seat.

"Damn it! They shot my car!"

Thus causing Ryan to be mad and he wasn't mad with them chasing us.

"Crawl in the back seat, keep your head down!" He yelled.

This time I didn't ask questions or smart back. I crawled safely in the back seat.

"Look under the seat, you'll see an automatic M60. It's already loaded so don't pull the trigger until it's pointed at them son of a bîtches." Ryan kept a straight face, holding a scowl.

"You want me to shoot them because they shot your car?" I asked, stunned.

"Yes!" He yelled, making another sharp turn.

I fell into the floor board, "Can you not throw me around!"

"Damn it Catalina can you shot them fûckers already! I don't think you realize the seriousness of this situation." Ryan screamed at me.

My rage, fear, and Adeline pulsed through me. I sat myself up, making sure the people following us couldn't see me. I pointed the gun, balancing it over the back seat and out the now empty windshield. Closing my eyes, I pulled the trigger.

A million billets flying out of the gun. My ears began to ring as I emptied the clip at the men and SUV. Their car flipped, landing on it's top then landing back on it's tires.

"Good Kitty." Ryan grinned at me.