Chapter 12 - Snowed In.

Start from the beginning

Mr. Umlauf bowed his head, then looked back up at me.

"Your mother and father called and told me to cancel your classes." Mr. Umlauf sighed.

I couldn't believe it. I scrunched my eyebrows and folded my arms, giving him a serious look.

"And why?" I scowled.

"Josh, you come to class once out of the 4 days you're supposed to come! You haven't showed up in almost two weeks!" Mr. Umlauf said, shaking his head. "Not only that, but when's the last time you did an assignment and got more than 40% on it?"

I didn't say anything. I was......stumped! This was like a huge smack in the face.

"I guess your parents finally decided to stop wasting their money." Mr. Umlauf said as he shut the door in my face.

When I say I was so heated, I was pissed. I had no clue why considering the fact that I never went to class anyway, but I was more upset that my parents gave up on me. So when I got home, I got ready to call my parents. Before I could dial their numbers, something slightly disturbing came on on the news.

"Doppler Radars say that this could be one of the worst snowfalls in California History." The lady said as a nap appeared behind her. "We rarely get any snow, so the fact that we're having a blizzard tomorrow is quite different as it is, right Eugene?"

"I agree, Fiona. Radars say that California is expected to get around 6 inches of snow tomorrow, which will be one of the worst snowfalls ever for the usually sunny state." The newsman said as they both turned towards the camera. "There may be plenty of school closings for the children as well!"

This news wasn't scary or anything, but it was pretty shocking. Snow in California was like 95 degree weather in Alaska. It never snowed here and it was always warm. I decided to step outside and tell Carlos and the others so that they didn't have no plans to go outside or anything the next day.

"Aye!" I chanted as I walked outside. "Did y'all hear the news?"

"What happen?" Stacey asked as he scrunched his eyebrows at me.

"We supposed to get 6 inches of snow tomorrow!"

"6 INCHES OF SNOW!?" Everyone gasped as they gave me a shocked look.

"Yeah! I just heard it on the news!" I nodded as I placed my hands on my hips and looked around. "Everything in Schaefer gone have snow on it."

Isaiah laughed a little, looking at everybody.

"I ain't got no winter shit!" Isaiah laughed as everyone shook their heads. "When the last time we done had snow?"

"Shit when the last time we have THAT MUCH?" Asha laughed. "I don't remember having that much shit at all."

"And neither do I." Q chuckled. "Not in my lifetime!"

As Isaiah blew out his smoke, I watched his face flush into a look of shock. The one person who popped up in his head was Tyler. Where would she stay? Where would she go? Where would she have shelter? Still, Isaiah brushed it off and didn't think that it would be anything serious. California got snow warnings all of the time.

But when night came, that's when the weather took its toll.

By the time it hit 9:45pm, it was a full blown blizzard outside. I looked down at the ground and seen that it all was covered with 2 inches of snow. Noah peeked out of the blinds, his mouth opened as he looked back at me.

"Wow." Noah gasped as he closed his part of the blinds. "I haven't seen snow since I was 5 years old."

"We get a little bit of it in Washington, so it ain't nothin' new for me." I said as I closed my part of the blinds as well.

"I hope that my mother makes it home safe tonight." Noah sighed as he grabbed his phone. "I don't think that I'll be able to have a flight by tomorrow."

"Nah, not in this weather."

As Noah prepared to dial Aunt Shay's number, he froze and stared off into space.

"Wait a minute, where's Isaiah?"

Isaiah sped out of Schaefer and towards the California Strip in nothing but some pants and a jacket. Tyler told him that she usually stayed in her car by a local bus stop. Since Tyler didn't have any gas, Isaiah found her car parked by the freeway. When he parked on the side and got out of his car in the large blizzard, he seen her sitting under an overpass on the freeway. She was huddled up under the highway in her large blanket, shivering and watching the cars go by.

"Ty!" Isaiah shouted over the large winds, approaching her as she looked up at him.

"H-huh......?" Tyler shivered as she looked up at him.

"Come on." Isaiah groaned as he held his hand out to her.

Tyler shivered a little bit, then looked up at Isaiah.

"W-Where are w-we going...?" Tyler shivered.

"To my house."

At the house, Noah called Aunt Shay. She answered and told him that she was okay. With that being said, Noah decided to call Isaiah to see where he was. He didn't answer. Noah sighed and made his way back to his room to finish packing for his upcoming flight. 20 minutes later, Isaiah walked through the door with Tyler. She was shivering hard, her long hair or weave was over her shoulders, and she was huddled up in the blanket.

"What the.....?" I said in a low tone as I sat up.

"Shh." Isaiah whispered to me. "She only stayin' here until this storm pass over, aight?"

I didn't care about Tyler staying, but I was worried about Aunt Shay and Noah finding her. Isaiah helped Tyler up the stairs and lied her down into the bed, cranking the heat up a little higher.

"Just lay here fo' now..." Isaiah said as he placed his blankets on her. "I gotta figure out what i'ma do about this heat."

Isaiah shut his door and went downstairs in the basement to fix the heat. They hadn't used it in so long that it barely worked, especially since it was winter time. As he stayed down there for 10 minutes, Aunt Shay walked into the home and quickly shut the door, huddling in her small jacket.

"Lord JESUS it's cold!" Aunt Shay panted as she made her way upstairs.

"Aunt Shay!" I called out, trying to stop her from going up there.

"Just a second, Josh!" Aunt Shay groaned as she jogged upstairs. "I gotta go put on my housecoat.."

Once Aunt Shay walked inside of her room, she took off her boots and her clothes and placed out a towel and a washcloth. All she had on was an undershirt and some underwear, so she was about to take a hot shower so that she could feel warm. As she wrapped herself in her towel, she opened the door to Isaiah's room.

"Isaiah make sure that you-"

When Aunt Shay seen Tyler in Isaiah's bed, she cut on the light and watched her lift up on the pillows while giving her a shocked look.

"What the hell are you doin' in my house?" Aunt Shay snarled.