Forget-me-Not

It's nice writing Oneshots, also this is a continuation of Carnations. This could be read without it but you know if you want you can read that too.

••

Dan looked at the shop from across the street. Seeing young girls twirl around in their frilly dresses and flowers littering their hair, the bell above the door jingling whenever they'd go in.

Dan sighed and ruffled his curly hair, the humid air ruining his hard work of straightening it. He looked both ways before making his way over the street, a boy sat at the front steps making a flower crown but before Dan could set his foot over the damn stairs his ankle was taken into the young boys grasp. "Name." He asked and Dan looked at him "Uhm why?"

"Before you go in I must inform Lester who's here to see him." The boy with bright blue hair said looking up at him with the same ocean eyes Phil had. "And who are you to him?" Dan asked a little annoyed really. "I'm his apprentice. Now give me your name before I twist your ankle."

Dan tensed up and sighed "Dan Howell." The young boy stood up and walked in and soon walked back out "Go in. Lester looks angry though." He chuckled, Dan grimaced slightly and walked in and was surprised with how fresh and cool it felt inside.

The shop was full of books and plants. A large golden retriever sat at his owners feet as he looked for some books. His back facing Dan's view, the gold dogs tail lazily twirling and his tongue hanging out made the curling brunette smile. Lifting his gaze up he looked around for Phil, he didn't think Phil would've ended up owning a book store, Dan groaned when he realized the kid was messing with him about the whole name thing. "What brings you by Dan?" The man spoke which made him jump slightly, how could he forget the way the man he loved for so long looked like from behind?

Phil turned and removed his glasses and for what felt like forever Dan finally saw those shining blues. Phil cleaned his glasses with his shirt softly and then placed them back on smiling at Dan sweetly.

"I uh..I just wanted to catch up.." He cleared his throat, pointing behind him he grinned "What's with little boy blue there?" Phil giggled and walked over to the front desk, it's dark brown shine complimenting the large book shops white interior. "He's my son." Dan felt his jaw clench.

"Y-You're married?" Phil laughed and shook his head "No..I adopted him." The ravenette poured himself some tea he had set up on the large desk drinking it with a soft him following after. How could Dan forget how much Phil wanted a kid? "Oh..wh-why?" He walked over and Phil looked up at him "Well after our break up and me leaving the flat I met this lady.." Dan felt the pang of jealousy rise up in him. "She was his grandmother." Dan sighed and mentally slapped himself "She couldn't take care of him anymore since she was too old and so I offered myself to take him in. I did the stuff I had to do and now there he is." He pointed at him outside the clear glass door.

A little girl popped herself up next to Dan and set a pale yellow book onto the counter "I'd like to buy this please!" She said in a confident voice. Phil leaned over and looked down at her "Now aren't you a little to young to be buying things on your own?" The girl giggled and set her hands on her hips, Dan smiled. "You're never too young to do anything sir!" Phil ruffled the girls hair and put the book in a bag with a succulent logo on it. "Would you like a little flower crown to go with that?" He asked and Dan looked back at Phil and the throb of his heart when he saw this man smile made him remember why he loved him.

He gave the girl a crown and sent her off not taking her money because Phil was just that nice.

"Lester you're too good."

Phil smiled "Shut up."

"Can I join you?"

Phil looked back at Dan who was blushing brightly "What?"

"I uhm-" Dan reached over into his pocket and pulled out a picture of them. "I found this old picture of us and I remembered just how much I actually missed you and I came here because I knew you had a shop of sorts from Louise and I'm just sorry Phil for everything I did love you, I still do-" Phil cut him off by putting a hand over his mouth. "Really, shut up." Dan looked at him and felt his heart sinking. So he was too late.

"I'm not saying I forgive you completely but I'll just forget about what happened in the past." Phil pulled his hand away and pecked Dans lips which really made the taller boy blush. "If I'm honest here, I thought you forgot about me Phil."

"Never."

••

Sweet beans uwu