Hyacinth

I wrote this when I was a little upset so sorry for the angst babs

**note I obviously don't know what they went through during this time so anything written is just what I thought happened. So please don't take it seriously if you're the type to freak out about this**

••

Phil had himself locked in his room. His body tense and his eyes bouncing all over the place whenever he heard a slight sound.

Dan was angry.

He could here his violent yells from the lounge. The slamming of objects going around the room, Phil was shivering. He was scared.

Dan was usually loud and erratic, he would do goofy things and yet he was still gentle. He was soft. But even so, Dan couldn't stay that way forever. Phil just wished he could help him calm down.

But lately they've been distant. Dan hardly never wanted to look at him and he figured he knew why. But he could see that the soft hand touches whenever they passed by showed that Dan had missed him. But all it did was break Phil's heart even more. All he wanted was for Dan to be with him again like before.

To see him flinch whenever Phil tried to touch him it made him feel gross about himself. So he tried avoided Dan just so he could be happy.

He heard a crash of something break and then Dan's shrieking voice and curses. Phil tapped away at his laptop, doing whatever he could to distract himself. To drown out the red aura of anger and hatred away.

Dan remained silent for nearly an hour after that. Phil, although worried, didn't go check up on him. It was new but still he was afraid he'd only anger him more.

As Phil was beginning to doze off into a slumber he heard his bedroom door creak and his eyes snapped up to look over, but all he saw was head of brown curls hung low. Dan was sniffing and wiping at his eyes.

Phil stared in silence. He wasn't expecting this.

Dan fell to his knees and started sobbing.

Phil immediately got up and sat next to him, stroking his hair. "I hate everything Phil.." Dan said, Phil hummed and held his head close to his chest. Dan sobbed softly into his chest, but he clung to Phil's jumper for dear life.

"Do you hear that Dan?"

He sniffled and made a sound of confusion. Phil smiled and kissed his head happy that Dan hadn't flinched away. "My heartbeat, can you hear it?" He asked and felt Dan nod.

Phil had never done something like this but Dan was shaking in his arms, he could tell he was still upset. "Count the beats." and so Dan did, softly and slowly. Until his voice turned groggy with sleep. Phil held him close, and rocked them both slightly. "I'm sorry Phil."

"I'm so sorry."

••
Ah 2012!phan hurts me soul and I would have proof read this but I'm lazy cx