Is it a Case of Jealousy?

Start from the beginning

"Oh my gosh!" She gasped sitting up on top of me looking down. Her muzzle matched the color of  Knuckles' red spines. "I am SO sorry!"

"Hi Amy..." I mumbled feeling my face get hot from embarrassment.

"So sorry!" She repeated shaking her head and scrambled up to her feet and held a hand out to me. I took her hand as she pulled me up and I dusted myself off.

"I really didn't mean it! That is so embarrassing! I-I tripped on my own feet I swear I didn't! I didn't mean to be so clumsy!" She began to apologies talking in one breath, "gosh way to just embarrass yourself and the hottest guy in school Amy, way to go!" She hissed at herself and hit her forehead in the palm of her hand.

Me? I smiled bashfully, who would have thought someone would consider me 'hot'? And better than all the other guys in the school!

"Uh, It's okay Amy." I said assuring her I wasn't mad.

"Oh thank goodness." She sighed in relieve. She looked around noticing everyone with muffins and coffee, "Ooh! Muffins!" She went to reach for one.

As she did my eyes fell on Shadow again his eyes narrowed and it seemed he was biting his tongue to keep from yelling at her. He didn't seem okay with the idea if sharing what he brought with her. I'd even say he was picturing a thousand ways to dismember her in that glare he was giving.

"Mm it's delicious!" She groaned in satisfactory. She looked at me and pointed to the muffin, "Did you get one?"

"I uh..." I looked over at Shadow his aura fuming in anger. Maybe I shouldn't take any. "No thanks." I shook my head.

"No you should try one!" She insisted turning around to grab another one. Shadow quickly snatched the last muffin.

"Ah!" Amy stepped back and looked up at him. Hey... Was Shadow jealous?

"Sorry ‘Shadow's free for all café’ is now closed." He scowled after eating the last muffin and took up whatever coffee that was left and spilled it out in the grass and threw everything away.

Or maybe he just didn't like Amy? After his rude act he walked away.

"Prick." Amy hissed under breath hooking her arm with mine and pushing her body closer to me. "Here I'll share mine." She smiled breaking the muffin she had in half.

It would be bad to deny her offer after how rudely she was treated, and her food already divided. So I took the second half of the muffin.

The bell rang and it was time for class, which Amy forced me to walk her, again.

It was a normal day as always, except this time I wasn't fearing for my life and worried about getting tripped or beaten up. Okay maybe it wasn't normal, it was better than normal, it was great!

At lunch I sat with my 'new' friends Silver still trying to impress Blaze. She doesn't show him, but it's obvious to everyone else that she likes him. Rouge was sitting with Knuckles and Espio sitting calmly more off to the side. Now that the afternoon has come around and the temperature evened out that we had taken off our jackets, hats, sweaters, and in Espio's case: horn warmers. We took our lunch outside eating in the courtyard. It was something mostly only seniors did, but not exclusively. Amy met with us inviting herself to the table, which wasn’t all that large. It could sit 4 comfortably anything else and you’re pushing it. So already crowded Amy squeezes her tail end next to me. 

"Hi everybody!" She said in a cheery voice and a hyper wave, only since the lack of space she hit Silver in the eye.

"Ow!" Silver yelped.