Chapter 25: Departure

After about a few minutes, Elle-chan finally stopped crying.

When I tried to separate from her embrace, she was reluctant to let go of my shirt, which looked dangerously cute. But, I harden my heart and slowly move her away.

Now, as a result of the countless tears that were shed by the emotional Elle-chan, my shirt was wet with various liquids. I'm not gonna voice out what those were, since that would be untactful of me. Besides, it was time to seriously plan my next move after all.

After explaining to Elle-chan the circumstances of Marielle-san and her curse, and about how I will take them both to the city of Lavis because it was dangerous here, I confirmed my general plan of action inside my thoughts.

Even after elaborating on and on about complicated things, that when heard by a normal child, they wouldn't get it and quickly lose interest, Elle-chan surprisingly responded with a nod, showing her understanding.

What a capable child.

When the discussion was finished, Lode-san abruptly stood up, as if a giant had moved, and said towards the inwardly nervous me, and the mature Elle-chan...

"Now that Elle-chan is here, you two must quickly go to the 'Association' sub-branch to register two more passengers. It's only a matter of time before they depart after all."

"Mhm, but since Mom is still sleeping, I will stay and pack our things. Kyouya-nii, I will catch up with you later with Lode-ojichan, so can you please register us ahead of time?"

As I was about to reply to the large-builded Lode-san, Elle-chan suddenly replied instead.

Her serious expression right now, must be because she understands the situation right now is dire. I need to get psyched up as well. I can't lose to Elle-chan.

"...Alright, make sure to catch up quickly."

"Un. I will."

When she said that, she instantly dashed into the hallway. Her room must be somewhere down through that way. After seeing her scurry off, I lock eyes with Lode-san, and request something from him, without saying a word.

With a look as if he understood, I break eye contact and made my way to the door...

But not before turning to the side, and entering a different place.

Going into an empty room located at the side of the living room, I finally, for the first time since coming into this world, changed my clothes.

Taking off my shirt, and taking out one set of the ordinary clothes I bought, I lightly control the water particles in the air, and will it to gather unto my semi-naked body.

Cleaning off the noticeable dirt, and getting rid of strong odors, I make the contaminated water disappear. I don't know the principle behind this phenomenon, but it's useful, I can tell you that. I did the same with my lower body as well.

I felt slightly refreshed, as if I was just scrubbed with a wet cloth, but it still felt like something was missing. I guess nothing beats a good bath after all.

I wonder when I'll find a place to take a bath here?

Or is there even a place like that in a world like the medieval times?

I sincerely pray that the latter was just my negativity speaking.

After changing into the clothes which were slightly more baggy and uncomfortable than the clothes I wore when I was sent here, I soak the dirty clothes with <<Water Ball>> and quickly remove most, but not all of the moisture from it.