Chapter 7: City

"Ah.......Yes! I mean, I'm not hurt that much, I'm okay.."

That was bad, I spaced out because I just met a beautiful woman for the first time..

In Japan, you wouldn't even have a chance to meet a natural blonde in your whole lifetime. Sure, there were those who bleached and dyed their hair, but nothing can beat a natural blonde-haired beauty. There has never been a moment like now where I was glad to be alive.

I accepted her outstretched hand, and let her pull me up. I could've stood up by myself if I wanted to, but I decided I should just give her face, and not be rude. It was definitely not because I wanted to hold those soft hands of hers. No, not at all. I am a gentleman, I wouldn't have such ulterior motives.

"Thank goodness. I thought I wouldn't make it in time.."

While showing a bright smile, she released a sigh of relief. Is this one of those hidden camera shows? Money scams? But even if that was true, I still wouldn't mind.

I got to meet a beautiful girl after all. She was even nice to someone she just met for the first time. 

This, this is it.

One of the main reasons fantasy tops reality, beautiful girls that are kind to you! Even for someone like me, she was expressing a relieved smile after seeing me without injuries.

If someone were to tell me she was a goddess, I would agree in a heartbeat. There would be fan clubs, idol bands....wait, I'm getting off track here. Delusions are dangerous..

"Thank you very much for saving me, knight-sama."

I say while bowing in gratitude towards the my gentle benefactor. I didn't want to disrespect her with a crooked bow, so I bent my body 90 degrees forward, and hoped for the best.

"Ah, please don't call me knight-sama, it's embarrassing..."

With a flushed face and exaggerated waving of hands, she hurriedly corrected me. Did she not like being called a knight? Then what was the point of dressing up like that? Even so, I shouldn't be ignorant, since I did not know much about this world too. Let's just go along with it for now.

"I, I see..then what would you like to be called? If you don't mind me prying.."

"Ah, no, it's no trouble at all. *Cough* My name is Elise von Sheilastaire, second daughter of the Sheilastare house. A pleasure to make your acquaintance..."

"It's Kyouya, Sairenji Kyouya. I didn't realize I was in the presence of a noble, please excuse my conduct from before."

Yes, it turns out, that Elise-san here might be a noble, no, I'm pretty sure of it. Of the many games of the fantasy genre I have played through, almost all games had a common trope. That is..